PDA

View Full Version : Independent Arrival

button68
10-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Well having spoken to the parent and agreed an meeting between me, mum and E I have decided to go ahead with the after care of E after school.

I have got the Policy of Bromley so am just putting together an Independent Arrival form. This is what I have so far please can you cast an eye over it any give you views :) (obviously I will have a child record form with full adress emergency contact etc....)

Name:
Mobile No:

School:
Address of School:
Telephone Number:

Time of Departure from School:
Anticipated Time of Arrival:

Details of any after school club and times (?) I'm a bit vague here but you know what I mean ;)

deeb66
10-03-2008, 07:07 PM
It looks ok Mandy.

I have never had to do one before but I can't really think of much more you could put in except that you are not responsible for the child between school and home and that your responsibilty starts when the enter your house.

I would also get the parent to sign it as well.

button68
10-03-2008, 07:11 PM
It looks ok Mandy.

I have never had to do one before but I can't really think of much more you could put in except that you are not responsible for the child between school and home and that your responsibilty starts when the enter your house.

I would also get the parent to sign it as well.

I also have this Policy Dee, which I will be getting the Parent to sign:

I am happy to mind older children who are at secondary School and who wish to arrive at my home independently, however I can’t be held responsible for your child’s safety until s/he arrives into my care.

I will need to know in advance details of their anticipated times of arrival, if they are staying at school for a club, sports fixture or detention I will need to be notified. If there are any unexpected changes please let me know or ask your child to let me know by text.

If I your child fails to arrive at the anticipated time, I will try to contact them on their mobile phone to confirm their whereabouts. If I am unable to make contact I will contact you for further guidance. If you are unavailable I will contact the school. In the unlikely event that I have been unable to locate your child I will contact the police for further guidance.

These procedures are not meant to alarm you but to reassure you that I am providing the best care possible for your child.

If you are planning for your child to arrive independently to me please let me know so we can ensure that all parties involved are fully aware of these procedures and any alterations made to them. I will require you to sign a copy of this policy to confirm your agreement of it.

I got it straight of Bromley so it needs a little tweaking (Sarah has let me see her Independent Arrival Policy so I am going to X-reference with that)

deeb66
10-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Yes that looks good Mandy.

I can see now that you asking parent to sign and return a copy of the policy for your records (and protection!!!!!).

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

button68
10-03-2008, 07:17 PM
:doh: I have just had another look at Sarah's Independent Arrival Policy and realised there is a second page!!!! With a form just like I'm enquiring about :blush:

Here's me trying to reinvent the wheel ......... Good grief!!! :o

deeb66
10-03-2008, 07:19 PM
:doh: I have just had another look at Sarah's Independent Arrival Policy and realised there is a second page!!!! With a form just like I'm enquiring about :blush:

:laughing: :laughing:

You sound just like me :D

Sounds like something I would have done :D

Oh well ....at least it got your 'grey matter' working :thumbsup:

sarah707
10-03-2008, 07:23 PM

Well I did wonder if it hadn't come through! :laughing: Have fun tweaking! :D

angeldelight
11-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Hope you sorted it in the end Mandy

Angel xx