PDA

View Full Version : Assessing and childminding

Tracey's Childminding
10-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about becoming an assessor. I have also read that some are also childminders. How does that work? Can you just do assessing or is it the norm to have another job? I am have nearly finished my NVQ level 3 in CCLD and have really enjoyed it, I only started in Sept 07 and have found it quite easy, and in the future I would maybe like to become an assessor. Does anyone know if there is a demand for them?
Any advice would be great.
Luv
Tracey x ;)

sarah707
10-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Here's some info from learn direct about it... :D

http://www.learndirect-advice.co.uk/helpwithyourcareer/jobprofiles/profiles/profile1261/

miffy
10-03-2008, 06:50 PM
How did you study your nvq 3 - why not ask your own assessor?

Miffy xx

deeb66
10-03-2008, 06:51 PM
As I was reading I was thinking the same as Miffy but she beat me to it :D

Tracey's Childminding
10-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi,
Thanks, yes I have asked my assessor about it. She only does assessing, but from visiting various different forums it seems quite a lot of them have other jobs as well like, head teachers, tutors. I have found somewhere in Bradford that offers the A1 assessors award but it costs £300, the good thing is they would come to my home and I would not have to go to college. The only other thing is you have to find 2 candidates as you have to assess either 2 or 3 units with them to gain the award. Online the award is about £600.
I was just wondering how they managed to assess and have another job.
Luv
Tracey x:)

Heaven Scent
10-03-2008, 11:23 PM
I have been an assessor for quite a few years now - I did do it p.t. when I had another job P.t. the only trouble was that I had to go to double the staff meetings then I did my Cert Ed and had to do some teaching hours in an FE college and again had to attend meetings for that. It is possible to do if you mind part time and the pay is usually quite good.

With regard to paying contact your local council training dept to see if you will be eligable to have your fees paid. You may have to pay a deposit to the training body but the Council pay that back once you've completed the course.

The training company I did mine with found NVQ candidates for a good many of the people on the assessors course. I used two people from work one who was training with the same company the other was training with someone else.

I'm very tired now so hope this is making sense to you. If you have any queries you can always pm me.

Take your time and make sure you get the best possible course to suit you.

Celine

angeldelight
11-03-2008, 06:08 AM
Just wanted to say good luck if you go ahead with this

Angel xx

miffy
11-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Good luck from me too

Miffy xx

Tracey's Childminding
12-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks everyone.
Luv
Tracey x :thumbsup:

deeb66
15-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Only just got a chane to come back to this one.

Good luck Tracey

Hope it goes well!