PDA

View Full Version : Got my capital grant IT equip

christine e
20-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Received my new laptop and printer via the capital grant fund yesterday with Windows 7! So fast compared to my old laptop. Yipeeeee!!!!!

Cx

sarah707
20-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Wow lucky you! :clapping:

ajs
20-01-2010, 08:37 AM
still waiting for my stuff, not gone for the laptop although perhaps i should have seeing as mine is slowly dying

enjoy i have heard it's great

KAZBAZ55
20-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Received my new laptop and printer via the capital grant fund yesterday with Windows 7! So fast compared to my old laptop. Yipeeeee!!!!!

Cx

HI

I HAVE ONLY RECENTLY STARTED CHILDMINDING BUT HAVEN'T BEEN TOLD ABOUT A CAPITAL GRANT. WHAT IS IT AND CAN ANYONE GET ONE?

THANKS

X

Carol
20-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Hope I get mine soon, as well as some other equipment too

Carol xx

carebear25
20-01-2010, 11:10 PM
we're supposed 2 b gettin sumthin but have not been told what. Our council have decided

because of 'European tendering laws' to buy the resources and then distribute them to the childminders rather than give the money direct to childminders to choose their own

not sure when this is happenin thou :idea: :idea:

christine e
21-01-2010, 08:18 AM
HI

I HAVE ONLY RECENTLY STARTED CHILDMINDING BUT HAVEN'T BEEN TOLD ABOUT A CAPITAL GRANT. WHAT IS IT AND CAN ANYONE GET ONE?

THANKS

X

It is a grant available to help deliver the EYFS. It all depends how your local authority are sharing out the fund, some childminders have had thousands and some nothing. Have a word with your development worker to see if anything is available to you.

Cx

christine e
21-01-2010, 08:20 AM
still waiting for my stuff, not gone for the laptop although perhaps i should have seeing as mine is slowly dying

enjoy i have heard it's great

Well I was going to go for the speaking and listening pack but then my laptop started to play up so I changed my mind and went for the IT stuff. What have you gone for Mandy?

Cx

ajs
21-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Well I was going to go for the speaking and listening pack but then my laptop started to play up so I changed my mind and went for the IT stuff. What have you gone for Mandy?

Cx

i think it's the speaking and listening pack
although i got a digital camera and a voice changing microphone in the lloyds sale thanks to a link here
and my little ones talk so much already ia m not sure why i am encouraging them to talk more

wyetots
21-01-2010, 09:45 AM
I have been really lucky as our authority have given childminders the chance to apply to improve storage, outside areas and IT and i have had just short of £12000.

christine e
21-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I have been really lucky as our authority have given childminders the chance to apply to improve storage, outside areas and IT and i have had just short of £12000.

£12,000? Wow!

christine e
21-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Oh dear! No chilldren until after school today so decided to transfer all my files etc from old laptop to new and just discovered CD/DVD drive not reading my discs! Waiting for a phone call so they can send someone round.

Not such a happy bunny now.

Cx

ajs
21-01-2010, 01:06 PM
my stuff has just arrived
the children are more interested in the bubble wrap then the new resources, but then so am i too

christine e
21-01-2010, 01:09 PM
my stuff has just arrived
the children are more interested in the bubble wrap then the new resources, but then so am i too

Sounds like fun!

Cx

Zoomie
21-01-2010, 01:12 PM
We've been offered up to £300, from either ICT, outdoor or L&D categories.

Finally decided on a netbook and digital camera for the mindees :)

Not sure when money will arrive :)

ajs
21-01-2010, 01:15 PM
the stuff i have chosen needs a lot of adult input

the camera needs setting up and i need to work out how the microphones work before allowing them to have them.

(there are 10 talking photo albums which i am sure is more then on the original offer although i will check.)

and lots of stuff that i need to do before the children will want to play
i am free now so will have a play myself then when they come tomorrow i will show it all to them properly

TheBTeam
21-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Wow I haven't had a penny, least i have saved my head from thinking how to spend it and my heart from getting excited at using it!:rolleyes:

miffy
21-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Oh dear! No chilldren until after school today so decided to transfer all my files etc from old laptop to new and just discovered CD/DVD drive not reading my discs! Waiting for a phone call so they can send someone round.

Not such a happy bunny now.

Cx

Hope you get it sorted!

Miffy xx

Bex1
21-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Wow, lucky you? Is that granted by your local council?

I received a letter from my local childrens centre to say that due to under-spend there is funds available but the application form says that I have to contribute towards the items I would want on my wish list! I queried why and how much they expect me to contribute because I charge £4ph and there is no way on this planet I can afford to buy new resources! Anyhoo they said that if I put items i want and tell them I earn less than min wage etc the "might" consider it!

Why is there not more help out there for childminders or am I living in wrong part of country!

Becky