PDA

View Full Version : I have a potential mindee coming to see me on saturday

CAZMCA
19-01-2010, 08:24 PM
it's my first visit and i am not sure what to tell them etc.

The lady rang today and said that she is looking for imm childcare for a 9 mth old, 1-2 days per week. she has been made redudant from her job on mat leave and now needs to find a new job so these hours will be used for job hunting, then when she finally gets a job will increase her hours to 3-4 days.

i explained that to keep the hours open she may need to pay a retainer, which she seemed happy with, but now my friend who is a cm said i shouldn't have said that and it will sometimes put's people off, and now i'm wondering have i done the right thing?

please could someone advise what i need to tell them and if you think i was wrong in telling them this?

caz

LisaMcNally09
19-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Hiya,

As its your first mindee I wouldnt take a retainer straight away. I would just say if it came to a point where you had more mindees starting and the place maybe taken then you would give her first refusal to take the place. IYSWIM

hth

Lisa

CAZMCA
19-01-2010, 08:47 PM
thats a good idea :thumbsup: , thanks i wasn't sure how to word it to her!

brightstar
19-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Good luck on Saturday, hope it goes well for you.

helenlc
19-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Hiya,

As its your first mindee I wouldnt take a retainer straight away. I would just say if it came to a point where you had more mindees starting and the place maybe taken then you would give her first refusal to take the place. IYSWIM

hth

Lisa

I would say this also.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

miffy
20-01-2010, 07:32 AM
Hiya,

hth

Lisa

I think that's good advice.

Good luck on Saturday

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
20-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Good luck for Saturday :thumbsup:

Carol xx