PDA

View Full Version : toys and activities

It's a small world
19-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi

I know this has been posted before but so many threads got a little confused:

I have an activity file divided into months for festivals and activites and then a seperate section for activites for other things likes shapes/colours etc.

Now does anyone have a file for their toys ?
Do you have photos (this could take a long time and money to get printed.?
Is a list ok?
Do you list all books in your settings?
What sections have you divided into? ages/ months ?????

Thought I would try and do a file may add a couple of photos not quite sure what to do but think its a good idea to show Ofsted (got 3 years to do it in) and thought it would be good for parents if they wanted to know what toys I had rather than listing them off the top of my head could show my file.

Just thought I would ask I know its been on before and theres a few threads not sure where to start..so sorry if anything been repeated...:blush:

beccas
19-01-2010, 08:04 PM
i thought about this but not got around to it toooo much to do....:panic:

may tackle in the summer:rolleyes:

PixiePetal
19-01-2010, 08:06 PM
I am doing photos of toys for a self selection book - will be a long on-going process!

If I began to list my books I would be forever :laughing:

sarah707
19-01-2010, 08:57 PM
I have a list of toys which I put together for a quality assurance thing a few years ago... I update it every so often but it doesn't have photos.

I don't list my books - they are in boxes and on the shelf and I regularly change them around so I'd be forever updating.

Hth :D

newandlearning
19-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi.. I've got two folders for children to look through ..

'toys I can play with...' one has photos and name of toy on each page .. they can then flip through this if something isnt out and ask for it.

'places I can go...' I also have a folder with all our outings in so the children can flip through this and see places we've been and ask to visit them.

this I did over the summer but I've sorta run out of steam :blush: .. really need to revisit it :) xx

miffy
20-01-2010, 07:39 AM
I've started putting together a photo album of the toys I've got - it's going to take me a long while!!!!!!

I won't be bothering with books though - I do have a list of multicultural ones because at one inspection it was a recommendation to have more multicultural toys so for the next inspection I made sure I had a list of everything I had

Miffy xx

harrysgirl
20-01-2010, 10:12 AM
The photo album is a great idea - I am always trying to rotate toys to allow children variety because having everything out would not allow enough floor space for play! but this will allow them more choice too - great thanks :thumbsup:
A rainy day job I think - may even get the children to assist, they love using the camera!! ;)

Chanelle
20-01-2010, 10:18 AM
This is definatelly something I really want to do but the long process is putting me off !!!

I have so much, how do I group things together ... How ould I label them etc ... I did buy the EYFS stickers from NCMA to use for it but havent even started .I wont be doing the books though lol

KAZBAZ55
20-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi.. I've got two folders for children to look through ..

'toys I can play with...' one has photos and name of toy on each page .. they can then flip through this if something isnt out and ask for it.

'places I can go...' I also have a folder with all our outings in so the children can flip through this and see places we've been and ask to visit them.

this I did over the summer but I've sorta run out of steam :blush: .. really need to revisit it :) xx

GOSH I AM IMPRESSED....HAVE ONLY RECENTLY STARTED CHILDMINDING & I'M JUST REALISING THERE IS SO MUCH THAT I NEED TO DO THAT I HAVEN'T EVEN THOUGHT OF!!!
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR IDEAS IT REALLY REALLY HELPS & IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED X:littleangel: