PDA

View Full Version : big school birdwatch

little daisies
19-01-2010, 03:32 PM
just found out its big schools birdwatch from 18/1/10 untill 1/2/10. ive looked on thier website and there is some good things on there i thought you all may like. don`t know how to add a link but the website is
www.rspb.org.uk/schoolswatch

sarah707
19-01-2010, 09:03 PM
We've been making bird food for this... and watching the birds come to the garden to eat it.

We have a book of bird names and pictures and the children identified a blackbird and a thrush before it got too dark :D

Spangles
19-01-2010, 09:13 PM
That's great, thank you!

Twinkles
19-01-2010, 09:22 PM
We made birdfood last week and recieved our pack on Monday. It's well worth getting. There are several large cards to help identify the birds and tell you a bit about them :thumbsup:

We will watch them next week.

Oh got a cd too of 'Third and Bird' songs ( haven't played that yet :blush: )

Goatgirl
19-01-2010, 09:41 PM
We're doing it too :)

didn't think it through though, so although I have the completed and filled birdfeeders (recycled) ready, I haven't been able to get outside on a ladder to hang them in our tree yet. Will get it done tomorrow as I have a few hours between mindees. great pack from the above site and it arrived really quickly too :thumbsup:
Think I'm more into it than the kids though :rolleyes:

bws,
Wendy

venus89
19-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Us too! I have lotsof laminated bird pictures up round the house thanks to the RSPB and the children are making bird pictures lots of different ways for our display. We made bird feeders today for them to take home - we're doing our birdwatch next week at the children's centre because I have cats :laughing: And we'll get 4 points towards our wildlife awards just for doing all this :clapping:

miffy
20-01-2010, 07:30 AM
We've been doing bird things too - made the feeders, looked at and tried to identify birds, made bird pictures etc.

The pack is really good - well worth getting!

Miffy xx

Roseolivia
20-01-2010, 07:57 AM
I got the pack too. I've stuck up the bird pictures around the display board and we're doing a birdy themed display. We're going to make binoculars, bird food and do the bird survey.

helenlc
20-01-2010, 01:26 PM
I have got my pack and have the big pictures up.

Tomorrow a fellow CM is coming over and we are going to make the bird feeders.:thumbsup:

My 19 mth old mindee is right into pointing up at the sky to the birds at the moment so we have been doing plenty of that this week!!!:D

venus89
20-01-2010, 01:30 PM
I have got my pack and have the big pictures up.

Tomorrow a fellow CM is coming over and we are going to make the bird feeders.:thumbsup:

My 19 mth old mindee is right into pointing up at the sky to the birds at the moment so we have been doing plenty of that this week!!!:D

Snap! It takes us twice as long to walk anywhere at the moment :laughing:

Nicky
20-01-2010, 01:35 PM
I have received the pack for this too, the kids love it, have spent ages watching the birds come to our feeders and eat our birdcake we made! On our walk home from school today they were all looking for birds too!

The pack is good with some lovely pictures.