PDA

View Full Version : Variation request - will ofsted agree???

jaz
10-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Just been asked by a parent if i will be able to look after her 2 children after school. i will go over my numbers for 45 minutes.

I have rung Ofsted, but you know how they always need it in writing. Has anyone else experienced this lately, if so what sort of mood are Ofsted in at the moment.

J
x

crazybones
10-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Just been asked by a parent if i will be able to look after her 2 children after school. i will go over my numbers for 45 minutes.

I have rung Ofsted, but you know how they always need it in writing. Has anyone else experienced this lately, if so what sort of mood are Ofsted in at the moment.

J
x

I have the same problem for 30 mins. I sent a letter over 2 weeks ago but I think all it has done is jogged their memory regarding my inspection as they are coming Wed or Thurs. I presume she will discuss it with me then. The only thing in my favour is that I will still have 4 under 5 but no others. Fingers crossed you can only ask.

Annie x

deeb66
10-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Hi Jasper

Hope you don't mind but I moved this into the Ofsted part of the forum.

As it is after schoolers I personally don't see them having a problem especially as it is for such a short time.

But you never know with ofsted do you :rolleyes:

berkschick
10-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Do you have space for one child but not the other?

OFSTED granted me a variation just last week as I was asked to take on twins 1 day a week which would mean I had 4 under 5 for 6 hours on a Friday. I had space for one but not the other so they agreed to the variation as it was sibling care.

I emailed them the letter ( you have to print it off, sign it, scan it back onto the pc then email it so its a right pain!) anyway, it took them 10 days to reach a decision.

jaz
10-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Yes I have 1 space available, and then after 45 minutes - back under numbers. The parent has 2 children aged 5 and 7 so who knows what will happen :)

berkschick
10-03-2008, 04:46 PM
I would go for it then. How long till the 7 year old is 8?

Trouble
10-03-2008, 05:59 PM
they agreed to mine, so i think they might:clapping:

sarah707
10-03-2008, 06:09 PM
I would ask for an hour... just in case of late parents :D

jaz
10-03-2008, 06:31 PM
I would ask for an hour... just in case of late parents :D

Thats a good idea, the 7 year old I care for at the moment will be 8 in May.

deeb66
10-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Thats a good idea, the 7 year old I care for at the moment will be 8 in May.

Bearing in mind that it is only for a short period of time a day and they are after school children AND that it is only until May I don't think Ofsted will have a problem with it.

If they do then they need shooting :rolleyes:

Lou
10-03-2008, 07:01 PM
When do they want to start cos May is only really about 6 weeks away?

Im sure even if you have to ask them they will agree for that short space of time.

Banana
10-03-2008, 08:17 PM
I had a variation granted for a bigger time period than that... so I would go for it, You can only ask, Good luck!

x