PDA

View Full Version : do you all advertise yourselves?

newandlearning
18-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi.. lovely ladies and gents...

am trying to expand my business and am wondering what tried and tested
ways everyone else uses to advertise.

I've become a bit relaxed with all of this kind of stuff .. but oddly today I smiled at one lady on the street by my LOs school and this led her to stop me and ask if I childmind... we had a lovely conversation and she said she would be interested in finding out more once her baby is older and she needs to go back to work..

I think getting out in the community with the mindees each day is a good start... how do you get your mindeess? and how do you advertise?xx....:) :)

jelly15
18-01-2010, 10:15 PM
I have 4 mindees and I started minding Oct 09. 3 of them were passed on to me by another CM who was full. The other one was from me telling a distant relative, who I rarely see, and she passed my number on to her neighbour. So I think word of mouth is a good bet but I would, and will in the future, advertise. Good luck :thumbsup:

carlen222
18-01-2010, 10:26 PM
yeah word of mouth is where ive got my 4 mindees from, i started aug 09 and havent advertised one bit,ive been turning folk away right left and centre!!! thats the only good thing about living in a small town i suppose lol xx

Annie_T
18-01-2010, 11:30 PM
i advertise in schools (2 near me i can physically do with no probs)

door to door leaflets
local shops
facebook page (i made a page of my business)
top with detalis on
word of mouth by mates
made a free website

worth doing i tell you as i have had a few people intrested

Cammie Doodle
19-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Every mindee I have ever cared for has come via word of mouth, I suppose I have been very lucky over the years and have never needed to advertise although there has been a few quiet times when I have thought about it. I think I would put signs up in village shops, local places of work, village halls or even free local newspapers. Fingers crossed I keep on being lucky :thumbsup:

miffy
20-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Most of my work comes by word of mouth now.

It's worth getting yourself (and what you do) known in the local area - schools, playgroups etc.

Good luck

Miffy xx

coffee-time
21-01-2010, 10:58 PM
i got some free business cards and small flyers printed from vistaprint online, havent used them yet as i am still waiting for my crbs ect. but i will be putting the flyers on the school noticeboard where my children go, and in local shops libraries ect. i cant wait to start minding and give up my job at royal mail!!:)

Gherkin
21-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Children's Information Service (although it has gone down hill since the web version moved over to Directgov - loads of minders missing and you type in the area and it only brings up minders a mile away or more)

Local information magazine (took out an add for a year when I started out)

Other minders referals

Parental referals

Key workers, TA's and teachers from the local schools etc have passed my details on to people

Local school keeps an information file on local childcare.