PDA

View Full Version : We Need Mindees!!

MarpleJollytots
18-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Ok, Both myself and Tracie have just got our Ofsted registration sent and are ready to go:D , But we are just considering the best ways to get our services advertised. So far we have a website www.jollytotschildminding.co.uk and have our names on a few other boards around the net. What other suggestions do you guys have to offer to try and get the word around. I think the first Mindee will always be the hardest to find, but not to long away hopefully
Tomorrow we are visiting a childminder drop in which should be good.

We appreciate any help as allways:clapping:
Thanks
Mike

daisyboo1980
18-01-2010, 08:48 PM
gumtree or netmums im sure there is more but i cant think tonight sorry

Lainey Lou
18-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi there, what about a sign for the car, you can buy those magnetic ones that stick to your car, design a really good mailer - laminate it and put it up in the local shops and on notice boards at playgroups, childrens centres etc, take plenty of business cards with you to childminder drop in to hand out and get to know loads of childminders who can pass your details on, also don't forget to advertise your website on any mailers that you do.

HTH :) x

happy days
18-01-2010, 08:51 PM
hello mike

fantastic website!
have you registered yourselfs on childcare.co.uk or netmums?, your local council childcare services? and also considered a leaflet drop, spreading the word is always a good way, you never know whos standing in front of you at the supermarket lol. good luck on getting your first mindees! Iam sure before long you will be full
good luck gabrielle xx

MrsT333
18-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Just thought id say Hi!
My nan lives in Romiely...so not that far from you!
and I'm a fan of Archers pies:laughing:

MarpleJollytots
18-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Thanks for all your replies, we will certainly do each of these suggestions, they seem very practical.

Just thought id say Hi!
My nan lives in Romiely...so not that far from you!
and I'm a fan of Archers pies:laughing:

Tell me more about these PIES!:D

singlewiththree
19-01-2010, 06:57 AM
Get yourself to all the Marple toddler groups and get yourself known.

I wear polo tops and people then know who I am.

I tell everyone I meet and give them a business card.

When I started I put adverts in all the newsagents and postoffice in Marple and only got 1 response.

I joined Marple business forum for local businesses and have had no response but its another link on the website and I'm nosey and get to know whats happening in Marple!

I would put yourself on netmums.co.uk and childcare.co.uk as well.

The main one in Marple is you have to know people as its word of mouth with so many childminders in the area its a who you know affair!!!! I would go to all the toddler groups I will PM you with them again and chat to the childminders. If you can make friends with some who are full they will usually pass people on to you.

Tily Bud
19-01-2010, 10:35 AM
I'd agree with what Paula said above x I live in New Mills and this is the sort of thing i did x