PDA

View Full Version : quick advice needed

It's a small world
18-01-2010, 05:44 PM
My friend is a cm (told her to get on here shes had a few problems getting on so said I would ask for her)

Anyway she looks after 2 lo's at lunch she has one of the mindees siblings (they go pre school in the morning) Anyway her dd has been poorly today so she called parents and told them she couldnt have mindees. Her dd is ok been doctors and told to give nurofen and plenty of fluids . Now not sure if she is taking her dd to school tomorrow but one of the mums has txtd her to say she has taken week off and keeping her lo's at home .My friend has said her dd ok and shes happy to have mindees.

QUESTION: Should mum still pay as its her choice to keep mindee away as my cm friend has said her dd is ok and she can have mindees??

Ive said yes as she has chosen to take week off so friend can care for her dd (they are family dh neice)

Should mum still pay????

Pudding Girl
18-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Yes, it's mums choice to not send them (and its' rather an over reaction I have to say?!)

TheBTeam
18-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I agree, but it would rather depend on how the other cm told the parent, if it was kind of implied would be a few days and then turns out not to be, i guess you cant blame parent for needing to plan.

jelly15
18-01-2010, 06:25 PM
I agree, but it would rather depend on how the other cm told the parent, if it was kind of implied would be a few days and then turns out not to be, i guess you cant blame parent for needing to plan.

I agree in this instance.

It's a small world
18-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Apparently (as family -hubbys neice) my friend sent txt saying her dd was poorly and unlikely to be at school tomorrow (meaning today) but that she was ok to have children. Parent said they would keep mindee off until she'd been doctors. Doctors just said give her daughter nurofen and plenty of fluids so nothing serious. My friend has texted her to reiterate docs advice and then got a text off mum saying shes took week off so my friend can concentrate on her daughter (who may be ok tomorrow or wednesday and back at school) my friend has said shes ok to have children as nothing serious. I would say in this instant parent has to pay as she has not said that she cannot have children (just needed to get dd checked at docs ) and its nothing serious and gave advice as soon as out of docs (this morning 9.40am) and this afternoon mum txt to say taken week off work.

Jemima77
21-01-2010, 01:59 PM
I agree as it was mums decision to take time off and keep them at home so she should pay as childminder is available for work xx

TheBTeam
21-01-2010, 02:03 PM
I think in that case it sounds like the cm should expect to be paid.

vicki1
21-01-2010, 04:24 PM
i agree the cm should be paid

Trouble
21-01-2010, 04:27 PM
me too i agree with the others:clapping: