PDA

View Full Version : home area

terrydoo73
18-01-2010, 02:45 PM
I have a little girl aged 4 who loves dolls, dressing up etc. I have got my crib (over 30 year old), lots of strollers and a big Silver Cross pram (from my daughter!) as well as a high chair and the usual collection of dolls and dresses. I was wondering what else to get for this area? I do have a cheap ironing board with iron but it never stands correctly and thought maybe of getting a wooden one - is this wise? Can you suggest anything else I could use within this area to extend her play a bit?

avril
18-01-2010, 02:52 PM
You could extend it with a bath for bathing for dolls even using water and she could wash the doll really!
A play kitchen could be included so she can make the food/drinks for the dolls.

Tink
18-01-2010, 02:56 PM
You could add lots of things.
Kitchen so she can cook for the dolls
Tea set
Hair brushes/hair dryer so she can do their hair

terrydoo73
18-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Yes I have all of these items but it is getting her to realise what she can do with them! She tends to trail the hairdryer around by the plug rather than sitting the dolly in the high chair and brushing her hair!! I do have a little kitchen with tea set but again she prefers every child in the place to have tea rather than sit the dolls down on a mat and play. I suppose I just have to demonstrate how it should be done!!

Thanks for your advice!