PDA

View Full Version : Mrs O has left the building...

Cakes
18-01-2010, 02:06 PM
..and i got a satisfactory with good in safeguarding and working with parents.
I was an absolute gibbering wreck when she arrived!
A word of warning too, I have been using NCMAs new accident,incident and medication folder from my NCMA pack...it only has a signature part for parents to sign after you have given medication, Mrs O said there should be a signature each time for permission to give as well even though parents have signed to authorise to give med's it is not enough.I stupidly thought using ncma paperwork was fool proof :(
I'll update you all abit more on the inspection when calm down a bit!!!!

Lainey Lou
18-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Well done :clapping: :clapping: , you can relax abit now, its such a relief when you finally close that front door! :) :)

Carol M
18-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Well done for your inspection , you can breathe now!
I have looked at my NCMA forms:-
Permission to administer short course of medication or treatment daily 11/07
there is space for parent signature before administration.
Permission to administer medicine or treatment over an extended period of time or continuous treatment/ therapies(eg asthma)
Parents sign top part next to start date and initial last time they gave it.
Are OFSTED saying that this last form needs a full signature each time prior to us giving? Surely thats not possible when you don't know when a child might need their inhaler(asthma). I'm confused, or do NCMA have newer forms? I need to order some more so will ask when I call them.
Thanks for pointing this out
Carol :)

Tink
18-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Well done it's such a relief when they have gone.
You can relax now have a drink and forget about it x

Cakes
18-01-2010, 02:46 PM
At least i don't have to worry for a few more year i supose.
My ncma forms are 09/08 so newer forms i think and it was a short course form..i simply followed the guideline page! HTH
I might give NCMA a ring myself :angry:

amanda1309
18-01-2010, 04:04 PM
:clapping: well done you can relax now.

Zoomie
18-01-2010, 04:08 PM
:excited: :excited: :excited:

Congratulations on your fab result.

Aren't you glad it is over and done with :)

TheBTeam
18-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Congratulations on your result, think i would be miffed at being picked up on using NCMA paperwork, and would definitely take this up with both them and OFSTED!

Keep us posted!

sarah707
18-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Well done for your result! :clapping:

It's strange that the inspector picked you up on Ncma paperwork - I think you should contact them urgently and have a chat.

wendywu
18-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Go and have a nice cup of tea, you deserve it. Well done:)

zillervalley
18-01-2010, 10:17 PM
:clapping: :jump for joy: well done now you can relax

i would deffo get onto n.cm.a

nannymcflea
18-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Well done you.:clapping: :clapping:

It's a small world
19-01-2010, 05:56 AM
:clapping: well done. Let us know what happens with the accident/emergency situation , be interesting to hear well done again over and done with for a few years. :clapping:

nell57
19-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Well done, hope you're feeling more relaxed this morning:thumbsup:

charleyfarley
19-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Well done :clapping: :clapping:

Good luck with NCMA :thumbsup:

Carol xxx

mama2three
19-01-2010, 12:17 PM
well done , i dont know why youve a sad face , i would be so happy to have mine over for 3 years , satisfactory means youre doing everything right!
My pre-reg inspector warned me about the paperwork - there was the fact that the parents were not signing before medication given ,( on the section 3 permission to administer short course or treatment dated 09/08 ) and also some of the ncma paperwork didnt say ' permission to seek medical advice' as opposed to the old wording on the child record form.

ORKSIE
19-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Congratulations...all over for 3 years:clapping: :clapping:

Blaze
19-01-2010, 01:24 PM
well done , i dont know why youve a sad face , i would be so happy to have mine over for 3 years , satisfactory means youre doing everything right!
My pre-reg inspector warned me about the paperwork - there was the fact that the parents were not signing before medication given ,( on the section 3 permission to administer short course or treatment dated 09/08 ) and also some of the ncma paperwork didnt say ' permission to seek medical advice' as opposed to the old wording on the child record form.

Have they updated the paperwork now, so that it's right - or is it still wrong? I'm confused!:panic:

mama2three
19-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Have they updated the paperwork now, so that it's right - or is it still wrong? I'm confused!:panic:

i got mine in september , the medical one is dated 09/08 and the record form is dated 09/07 - but not sure if there have been further updates since these.

miffy
19-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Congratulations on your result!

Miffy xx

Cakes
19-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Thanks to you all just an update really.
I did get onto the ncma...lot of good it did me they are still stating its revised version is in line with EYFS requirements. The help they offered was that I could download a parental permission on their site but the bit on the site i was told to go to had everything but the bit i was on about!
My DW was saying that it is my own fault(fair point I suppose) as I should have checked the statutory guidance so that I knew.Also said apparently I am not the first in my area to be pulled up on it...thanks for telling me and everyone else in the area then:angry:
I can honestly say I have had enough at the moment, I thought I would wake up today and feel better.But i don't its the stupidness of a missing signature on a new form with no space or clue its needed resulting in an action I am most annoyed with! I feel worse than useless and 6 weeks into the job i feel like i'm done with it all already :(

Cakes
20-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Thanks to you all just an update really.
I did get onto the ncma...
Another update..I take back all I said yesterday(or i would if i could edit it!!!). ncma have now phoned me back said the inspector is wrong and all paper work they provide IS ofsted approved... ncma have done some digging and said i should raise it with ofsted to get the action overturned and they will help!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:
I'll let you all know what ofsted say the correct way to deal with the new forms is when they have decided themselves:laughing:
Gosh being a childminder is so confusing!!!!!

miffy
20-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Another update..I take back all I said yesterday(or i would if i could edit it!!!). ncma have now phoned me back said the inspector is wrong and all paper work they provide IS ofsted approved... ncma have done some digging and said i should raise it with ofsted to get the action overturned and they will help!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:
I'll let you all know what ofsted say the correct way to deal with the new forms is when they have decided themselves:laughing:
Gosh being a childminder is so confusing!!!!!

That's good news - glad NCMA have offered to help you

Good luck and keep us posted

Miffy xx