PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to do?

tigger
18-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I was on at the begining of the year saying that I was not sure if I wanted to mind anymore or at least have a break. I think that I would like to have a break for a little bit to spend some quality time with my children as they are finding it all a bit much at the moment aswell, but how do I go about it. I know I have to give notice but I don't want to cut my nose off to spite my face iyswim. Will I still be classed as registered, I don't intend to give my cert back, will still keep up with paperwork etc., maybe even get an expert in it who knows and I won't have an inspection till the back end of this year. Would you give notice and then if you decided to continue start looking again or would you hold out? It is making me feel sad at the moment and I don't like feeling like this. Any advice would be grately received.

lou lou
18-01-2010, 03:02 PM
are you sure it is just not the time of year i also seem to be struggling a bit at the moment with childminding and my daughter is playing me up wanting to know when the children are going home and some days i just want to spend some quality time with her i cant even get her to playschool without her getting upset she can just not understand why i leave her and go home with the other children it is so difficult sometimes but i know it will be better once spring comes along and you can get outside a bit more so at the moment i am just thinking we are now on the right side of summer i probably have not been much help but it is good to know that i am not the only one stuggling with it xx

The Juggler
18-01-2010, 04:48 PM
could you cut back a little, shorter hours, less children. I found minding incredibly hard for the first year, especially coming back after the holidays. But, if it's not for you then you must give notice an do what is right for you and the family hon.

why not give it a few more weeks, then make a decision, or continue whilst you look for an alternative so you have money coming in, that will give you breathing space for a while then if a job comes up you can make a decision.

x

Kelly
18-01-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm having a bit of a break at the moment, I still have my registration and to all intense purposes I am still a registered childminder, I am having some quality time with my own children, studying for my foundation degree and voluteering in a local nursey. Its the right thing for me at the moment, but if the right family came along who knows, I certainly do not want to give up my registration. I have a couple of friends in the same situation and are due inspections, Ofsted have just said let us know when you start minding again and we will inspect you.

I hope you find your decision soon, so you don't feel so sad about it all.