PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get mildew out of buggy covers?

miss mopple
18-01-2010, 10:21 AM
After all this horrible weather my poop phil and teds is looking very sad and has some mildew on the hood :(

Need to give it a good scrub- anyone know the best way of doing it? Ive got all the covers off so could put in bath- but what to use to clean it?

Blaze
18-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I had this with my old buggy - took all the covers of & but on a boil wash with vanish - did the trick - but was a riak re the temp! On parts that couldn't be removed I scrubbed with vanish & again worked - but took a lot of elbow grease!:thumbsup:

sweets
18-01-2010, 01:07 PM
i get a bit of mildew in my bathroom sometimes and in one of my kitchen cupboards as its on a cold outside wall. i always use the dettol mildew spray in a green bottle. its great and the mildew just wipes off.

not sure if it would be ok to use on fabrics, id try a bit on a bit of seat that doesnt show first to test it. it contains bleach so may have an effect.

Straws
18-01-2010, 01:41 PM
I did my buggy after it was stored in the shed, I wet area with lemon juice rubbed in salt with a scrubbing brush then put through wash cycle, came out as good as new

Straws xx

The Juggler
18-01-2010, 01:48 PM
i used 1001 on mine!