PDA

View Full Version : varriation for twins

nic76
17-01-2010, 08:47 PM
i have a friend who may go back to work in may after having twins. has anyone applied for a varriation and what do i say

would love to have her 2 girls and may not have any others at the time which will be good

nic76
17-01-2010, 10:42 PM
someone anyone please help

tashaleee
17-01-2010, 10:44 PM
are you saying that you dont have the available spaces for both twins? Is that why you need a variation? Or is it because they will both be under 1?

nic76
17-01-2010, 11:10 PM
are you saying that you dont have the available spaces for both twins? Is that why you need a variation? Or is it because they will both be under 1?

i have spaces but they will be both under 1

Mouse
17-01-2010, 11:16 PM
You will need to show how you will look after 2 under 1's - equipment, routines etc. You'll also need to give info on any other under 8s you will have at the same time (including your own).

I know a few childminders who have had variations for twins under 1. They've never had any problem getting the variation as it is obviously for continuity of care.

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Application-to-vary-or-remove-conditions-of-registration/(language)/eng-GB

nic76
17-01-2010, 11:20 PM
You will need to show how you will look after 2 under 1's - equipment, routines etc. You'll also need to give info on any other under 8s you will have at the same time (including your own).

I know a few childminders who have had variations for twins under 1. They've never had any problem getting the variation as it is obviously for continuity of care.

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Application-to-vary-or-remove-conditions-of-registration/(language)/eng-GB

thankyou so much

beccas
18-01-2010, 10:48 AM
my friend also a minder applied for this but got denied even after appeal, but this was due to having other children under 5 on 2 days so you should be fine.

gigglinggoblin
18-01-2010, 12:31 PM
i got one for my friends twins when i also had my 2yo. i had looked after them lots of times (for free!) so made sure i put that in. you need to say how you will get around, how you can feed them all etc. i had no prob even as a brand new minder

Chatterbox Childcare
18-01-2010, 12:45 PM
You will be fine - just right in ASAP as they are swamped