PDA

View Full Version : How long from application to receiving registration?

crazyhazy
17-01-2010, 06:01 PM
What the title says really, I got my forms before xmas and should have completed them straight away but life got in the way so I'm only getting them done now. Am worrying about how long it will take though, said on the letter 3 months from recieving completed application. Is this an accurate guideline? At what point can I start to advertise? Worrying cos I'm being made redundant from my current job at the end of Feb so trying to work out how long I'll need to survive on no wages till it's sorted.

Thanks xx

carlen222
17-01-2010, 06:24 PM
i sent my application form in march eventually became registered in august, and my cc officer told me my application was very straight forward!!!! she was off sick for weeks tho so i think thats what the hold up was, best of luck xx

crazyhazy
17-01-2010, 06:34 PM
i sent my application form in march eventually became registered in august, and my cc officer told me my application was very straight forward!!!! she was off sick for weeks tho so i think thats what the hold up was, best of luck xx

Thanks for the reply, yikes that seems ages, whereabouts are you? I should be under the Oban cco but they were closed when I requested the application so it was sent from the Paisley one. Think I'm going to have to try and find something else to tide us over while I wait to get registered just in case it takes longer.

Gizmo
17-01-2010, 07:16 PM
I was 3 months nearly to the day but another month before I had any mindees, have now been minding for 6 months and enjoying (almost) every minute. You can advertise as long as you put pre-reg on it :thumbsup:

carlen222
17-01-2010, 07:16 PM
im in campbeltown, my cc officer is laura skelton from oban. the cc office in oban must only have one lady manning the phones and she must like her tea breaks as i just could not get ahold of her at all to arrange visits etc!!!!!! a friend of mine sent her application in march and shes still waiting on her visit!!!! almost a year later!!!!! she never sent her poicies in with her application form though so im wondering if that held upthe process a little?

this forum has been a great help to me. though i completely freaked out when i first came on then realised that down south they have to do a hell of a lot more paperwork than we do lol.

have you got in touch with linda burger?? i think shes based in oban too, shes there to help you through the registration process. she meets up with you and gives you a manual all about childminding :D:D it has policies in it too, i had a business card with her details but ive given it to a friend who's thinking of becoming registered, im sure you could find her details on the council pages though?? best of luck with it all xx

Curly Quavers
01-02-2010, 07:16 PM
What the title says really, I got my forms before xmas and should have completed them straight away but life got in the way so I'm only getting them done now. Am worrying about how long it will take though, said on the letter 3 months from recieving completed application. Is this an accurate guideline? At what point can I start to advertise? Worrying cos I'm being made redundant from my current job at the end of Feb so trying to work out how long I'll need to survive on no wages till it's sorted.

Thanks xx

It really does depend on your CC officer. Mine was fab the kind of guys who wants things sorted now! Mine was done within 4 weeks of application going in and me registered.

crazyhazy
09-02-2010, 02:40 PM
It really does depend on your CC officer. Mine was fab the kind of guys who wants things sorted now! Mine was done within 4 weeks of application going in and me registered.

Crikey that's really fast! Where are you based? Mines been in 2 weeks now I think, I know the references were sent out and returned and I have my crb forms completed but can't get hold of them to get them verified so that's delaying things a wee bit.

peanuts
09-02-2010, 04:41 PM
when i registered 10 years ago it took 9 months