PDA

View Full Version : laminated weekly plans should i?

sandy64
17-01-2010, 04:25 PM
hi i do yearly and monthly plans then break it down and put on a weekly plan but seem to have so many to store could i laminate it and wipe each week or do i have to keep it i keep the other plans also i dont do a menu plan at mo as my parents dont want one could i do a laminated one in future. i do have examples of each to show parents and ofsted, any advice please:)

sarah707
17-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Are you talking about group plans or individual?

group plans can be stored in a folder along with your medium term planning so that you can show Ofsted what you are doing through the year.

As you build them up and go into next year you will find you can write less.

individual plans should be stored with the children's observations and assessments as they are an essential part of showing the child's progression.

Hth :D

moogster1a
17-01-2010, 05:15 PM
You don't have to do written plans for any child. as long as you can demonstrate you know what each child is up to and what next steps might be ( and this could be verbal ) so anything you write is above and beyond! therefore, use laminated if you wish (and save a few trees). After all, all these learning journeys and plans tend to be given to parents at the end and binned ( I'll wait for the rush of " my parents love them" which is what I'd say as a parent to be polite!) or put in folders and never looked at again apart from maybe to prove to OFSTED what can be proven by your verbal knowledge of the child.

sandy64
17-01-2010, 08:25 PM
yes the group weekly plan which has a run down of the day to day activities

sarah707
18-01-2010, 07:50 AM
yes the group weekly plan which has a run down of the day to day activities

Well if you read reports on the Ofsted website what they seem to be looking for is how we show children are achieving...

Your group weekly plans could be shown as a routine if you are thinking about the things you get out all the time...

Mon

AM - toddler group

- free play

- lunchtime

- rest time

- reading session

- planned activities

- school run

- free play

- tea time etc...

Then all you would need to do is to write up a quick note of planned activities for each day.

This way you are showing the children do a balance of activities as required by the Eyfs.

Of course it's always up to you how much evidence you are prepared to write up and how much you keep in your head.

The majority of inspectors are looking for written evidence as without it they cannot justify a higher grade.

So long as you find a method that is easy for you it will not take long and a little effort goes a long way in Ofsted land.

Hth :D

sandy64
18-01-2010, 08:22 AM
i am so confused now when ofsted came recently she said my planning obs were spot on and all eyfs covered but i want to work to the best of my abilitity and make sure the lo are developing well (as they are) my monthly plan evan though its a group it has developments on for both lo my weekly is like you said i dont as yet do individual plans as i have the preschool profile which i record and mark when lo reaches each development stage and obs are done to prove this ofsted was happy but i feel so confused please could you let me know what you think and how i can do things if needed.

sarah707
18-01-2010, 08:31 AM
i am so confused now when ofsted came recently she said my planning obs were spot on and all eyfs covered but i want to work to the best of my abilitity and make sure the lo are developing well (as they are) my monthly plan evan though its a group it has developments on for both lo my weekly is like you said i dont as yet do individual plans as i have the preschool profile which i record and mark when lo reaches each development stage and obs are done to prove this ofsted was happy but i feel so confused please could you let me know what you think and how i can do things if needed.

There are lots and lots of different ways of doing things!

All I am doing is giving you some different ideas and suggestions.

It is up to you to think if they will work for you or not. You cannot possibly do everything everyone suggests.

You asked about laminating weekly group planning and I'm giving you different ideas to show evidence... sorry I'm not trying to confuse you!

If you are happy with the way you are working then that is the most important thing! :D

sandy64
18-01-2010, 08:38 AM
dont be sorry im glad of advise doesnt take much to get confused id be glad of easy ways of any planning etc i do make things hard thanks and am grateful to your help always need it

rachelle
18-01-2010, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't laminate mine because I use the planing sheet to record any obs that week and to scribble notes / ideas for the next week on. I do the week on one side of A4 (could be less i think but no idea how to print A5!) - box for each day, space for notes and space to link to EYFS - so my obs and plans are all on the same sheet iykwim. It then fits nicely in the folder and easily shows progression or areas to watch.

eg this week focus is on walking skills (12 month old) so plan is basics like toys on sofa to encourage crawling, walkers out, opps to hold hands when moving around house and roly poly play for muscle devlopement. That's as specific as I think it needs to be, but if it was laminate and I wiped it then the evidence of planning for progression and following his interests would be lost. Hth:)

edited for terrible spelling!