PDA

View Full Version : Starting out

KatieMarks
16-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Dont know if this is the right place to put this but i want to start out as Childminder but i have a dog (boxer) and a small house (bungalow) so wondered where i stood about this? Thank you x

16-01-2010, 10:56 PM
don't know about the bungalow (though I can't see this being a problem).....I've got a dog and I was really nervous on my pre reg visit from Ofsted but the Ofsted inspector totally fell in love with him lol. I can't see your dog being an issue at all :)

KatieMarks
17-01-2010, 12:06 AM
don't know about the bungalow (though I can't see this being a problem).....I've got a dog and I was really nervous on my pre reg visit from Ofsted but the Ofsted inspector totally fell in love with him lol. I can't see your dog being an issue at all :)

aww great thanks. Where does your dog live? My dog being a boxer is very lively but loves kids. Thanks for replying x

KatieMarks
17-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Anyone? xx

sue m
17-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Hi and welcome Katie, not sure about your question re your dog but someone will reply soon, might be a bit quiet today on here. x

KatieMarks
17-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Hi and welcome Katie, not sure about your question re your dog but someone will reply soon, might be a bit quiet today on here. x

Ok thank you x

Nat78
17-01-2010, 01:51 PM
We have a dog and its never been a prob. Risk assess contact etc and get parents permission to take for walks, give treats etc. I inform parents we have a dog on initial phone call, but no-one minded yet and even though I trust our dog 100% as he is great with my two young children, never leave unsupervised with mindees. The only thing O have said is to remove food bowls during day if children access the room kept in and store food/treats away from human food.

Roseolivia
17-01-2010, 03:24 PM
I have a dog and Ofsted didn't have a problem with this, didn't even mention moving water bowls out of the way (on floor in the kitchen). As long as you clean any dog mess up from the garden and risk assess then it's fine. My dog is in the house most of the day too.
Regarding your bungalow i don't think that'll matter as long as it's safe for the children.