PDA

View Full Version : nursery grant

madredann
16-01-2010, 08:05 PM
I put my own daughter down to start nursery a while ago and she is due to start Monday. I was aware that I would have to pay full fee as she doesnt get grant until 3. She is 3 in April and I have been told(i have no reason to doubt) that she wont get the grant until September. In my circumstances that is ok my tax credits will cover fee but what happens if a parent could not afford the place. Surely it is discriminatory/doesnt give all children the same opportunity. Does it depend on which LEA you come under or has anyone else come across this?

beccas
16-01-2010, 08:07 PM
you normally get grant for the term after their 3rd birthday so is she 3 before or after easter. i would look on direct.gov site to check.

Chimps Childminding
17-01-2010, 04:46 PM
It depends when she is 3 as easter is early this year so unless she has her 3rd birthday right at the beginning of the month, I think I am right in saying her funding will not come through until September as that will be the next term - could be wrong and hopefully someone else will come along and let you know if I am!!

Kes
17-01-2010, 07:41 PM
It will be september as it is the first term after they turn three.

Kerry