PDA

View Full Version : Mindee leaving

It's a small world
16-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Bit of advice please. I look after my friends lo just one day a week. He's three next month and therefore going to be starting preschool due free funding. He's leaving me day before hus third birthday . Friend pays my in the dag I have him and his leaving date will e four weeks in Thursday whatdo I need to di? Does my friend need to do a letter terminating contract ? What do I do with contract ( put a line through saying terminated whatever date?) so confused as to what I need to do re paper work any advice happily accepted and thanking you in advance x

helenlc
16-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Your friend needs to put her notice in writing just saying As of so'n'so date, I hereby give 4 weeks notice to terminate my contract of childcare with ***.

Then you just need to file this in his folder with the contract and other documents etc.

This is all I have done when LOs have left.

beccas
16-01-2010, 08:11 PM
As above get ther to put why she leaving as well

Carpet Monkeys
17-01-2010, 10:02 AM
And don't forget ask her to do you a reference to show other parents

Chimps Childminding
17-01-2010, 04:42 PM
And don't forget ask her to do you a reference to show other parents

Good idea, thats the bit I always forget!!!!!!!!!

It's a small world
17-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Am I right in saying that I keep everything apart from his learning journal or do i just keep the contract ? Where do things go :

obs / next steps / diary
emergency details
contract
etc ??????

First time a mindee leaving so want to make sure they get everything they need and I will file the rest.