PDA

View Full Version : what activities do you regularly do each day?

newandlearning
16-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Hi.. I'm just wondering what activities like singing or story telling .. you set a side each day to do with your mindees. (excluding toileting, eating and school runs :) ).

I'm thinking of factoring into each day certain activities and was wondering what everyone else does.xx:)

venus89
16-01-2010, 06:14 PM
We always read stories, always sing (though as part of everything I do, I tend to burst into song at the drop of a hat if it's relevant to what we're up to) and nearly always draw. We always get out in the fresh air, even if only to walk to school/groups and back and if it's grey and we can't play out we'll dance or similar to get them excercised.

Gizmo
16-01-2010, 06:19 PM
We are always reading stories and singing, the fav cd to dance to just now is Sticky Kids that is fantastic, we are also out every morning at either toddlers or soft play so the kids get to play with lots of other children as well. The kids like drawing and play doh as well :thumbsup:

jelly15
16-01-2010, 06:34 PM
If weather is suitable in the morning we go for a walk or to the playground. Once a week we go to toddler group.Sometimes have playdate with another CM. A half hour of TV while I prepare lunch. We read at least once a day and usually do drawing or similar.

avril
16-01-2010, 06:47 PM
We always,
Read books, sing even enroute to school my littles ones like to sing, talk, playing cars is a biggy in my house (all boys) with a car mat and action figures we have a box of them that come out everyday great for imaginations!

Pauline
16-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Having stories is top of our list too.

Mouse
16-01-2010, 06:51 PM
After lunch we always have a story & some singing. It's then sleep time for the little ones & it gives them chance to digest their food & calm down before they go down for a sleep.

jumpinjen
16-01-2010, 06:53 PM
We do something crafty that is open-ended every day, painting or gluing or sellotaping (poplular at the moment) or stapling (needs close supervision!!!).

We always go out for a walk, to buy a jelly to make from local shop, go to playground, post a letter, visit the library, walk the dog, feed the ducks, you name it, we can walk there!

We read stories every day, we nearly always play with playdough at some point (very popular in my house!!!!) We always put some sort of music on throughout the day and dance or move.

Jenni x

sandy64
16-01-2010, 07:04 PM
hi at mo its small world with added extras ie sand, water, house. and also books,cds.colouring. then its planned extras out.

angiemog
16-01-2010, 07:48 PM
We always sing, read stories, I try to do messy play including a craft everyday. I keep my crafts really simple as mine are all 18 months and under. I do let them all paint..... but....... they are in a high chair or booster seat. I let them have a paint brush and I walk around with the pots of paint for them to dip. The play dough always comes out. Sometimes if I'm feeling brave I let them have sand, water, rice or dried beans out. I am only now starting to vary the activities as 2 of them are now getting more interested in doing and able to play with them. I usually get out the aqua draw out at some point. Generally I do all the above in the morning, then they all sleep for around 2 hours. In the afternoon its free play (it is free play all morning too, I only put them in highchair for the craft. I do let them have some tv at some point, my favourite at the moment is the tweenies song and dance video.
I do want to get out and about more often, I do it sometimes but want to do it everyday. x

Lady Haha
16-01-2010, 08:52 PM
MIne are all schoolies and would look at me like my head had fallen off if I told them it was time for singing!!! :laughing:

About once a month I will get them to sit and listen to a story! It is mainly free play with them and arts and crafts. And homework!

Reading the above posts made me feel exhausted! Sooo glad I don't have little ones!!

Pauline
17-01-2010, 09:46 AM
MIne are all schoolies and would look at me like my head had fallen off if I told them it was time for singing!!! :laughing:

:laughing::laughing: perhaps you could get them a toy microphone and get them doing pop songs?

TheBTeam
17-01-2010, 09:50 AM
My older ones have done their own version of Britains Got Talent,(well not a lot of talent!)

FizzysFriends
17-01-2010, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=blackandsparkly;617113]MIne are all schoolies and would look at me like my head had fallen off if I told them it was time for singing!!! :laughing:

QUOTE]

Oh so jealous!

I can't stop my schoolies singing, they start when we get in the car after school and dont stop!

Lady Haha
17-01-2010, 11:23 AM
:laughing::laughing: perhaps you could get them a toy microphone and get them doing pop songs?

If I gave them a toy microphone they would have a headfit!!! We do have a karaoke machine plugged into the telly so they can see them selves singing along to Girls Aloud etc, but it broke a couple of months ago:( (probably fed up with having to endure 7 yr old girls who think they are Mariah Carey):laughing:

guest3
17-01-2010, 11:42 AM
We are always reading stories and singing, the fav cd to dance to just now is Sticky Kids that is fantastic, we are also out every morning at either toddlers or soft play so the kids get to play with lots of other children as well. The kids like drawing and play doh as well :thumbsup:

What Sticky kids CD do you sing to Joy?

Wendy x

Hayley G
28-01-2010, 01:09 PM
I am new and am finding it hard to plan any activities (3 under 5) - the children soon loose interest in whatever they are doing and they are onto the next thing.

I also dont know if they watch a lot of TV at home but the children spend the day asking to watch cbeebies? I dont want them to sit all day in front of the tv (and for my own sanity I would not be able to listen to that all day), I have loads of toys and activities but they are just not interested. I do turn the tv on during the day for short periods to have some quiet time when I am cooking dinner but as soon as I turn it off I get tantrums.

Due to the ages 6mths, 18mths & 3 years I cant leave them to play nicely together as the eldest is not keen on sharing and arguments break out? Help and advice appreciated!!:panic: