PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Pattern - Nativity

Pauline
16-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Yes I know it is a bit early :laughing: but I am looking for a knitting pattern for a Nativity Scene.

Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, Kings etc. animals too if possible.

I used to have one but lent it out and never got it back. Would like to make one for Christmas this year. Needs to be suitable for children to play with, e.g. not with wire frame or anything.

Maybe someone could copy it me, or send me theirs and I could copy it and send back?

Will pay postage/copying costs. :)

Thank you

PixiePetal
16-01-2010, 11:15 AM
http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=773425

Like this?

sonia ann
16-01-2010, 11:50 AM
thats lovely, have printed it off and added it to my to do list:D

Chatterbox Childcare
16-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Great pattern and idea. I am going to knit them up and maybe ebay them for next year.

PixiePetal
16-01-2010, 12:02 PM
I can't knit :crying: - keep me in mind if you decide to make and sell them please!!

Thanks x

Pauline
16-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Oh Pixie Petal, thank you SO much, that is exactly what I'm looking for. :clapping:

You are a star :thumbsup:

Twinkles
16-01-2010, 03:17 PM
My mum makes these and other knitted toys etc. She was on a mission for ages to get a donkey pattern to go with it.

She's just knitted me a very cute Jemima Puddle duck for the playroom so now we're looking for a Peter Rabbit pattern - anyone ??

PixiePetal
16-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Oh Pixie Petal, thank you SO much, that is exactly what I'm looking for. :clapping:

You are a star :thumbsup:

I know my mum made them from an old Womans Weekly pattern (think that was it!) years ago when I was a tot, she did lots of knitted dolls etc for school fairs.

I wish she was well enough now to still make them :(

PixiePetal
16-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Nativity pattern on ebay (includes donkey!) and lots of others by Alan Dart. Try searching for him as the name pops up for character knitted toys

miffy
16-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Great pattern and idea. I am going to knit them up and maybe ebay them for next year.

Oooo, let us know if you do - I'd like some :)

I can't knit either :(

Miffy xx

TheBTeam
16-01-2010, 05:35 PM
What a lovely idea, just have to decide if i can be bothered!

Chatterbox Childcare
16-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Try this too

http://www.ethknits.co.uk/Sirdar/Patterns/SIRDAR-PATTERNS-22.htm

Amaranth
22-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Jean Greenhowe patterns are really good too and very easy patterns to follow. I have loads of them in the cupboard. I used to knit a lot but haven't done any for a few years. My grandma gave me loads of character patterns years ago too, I will have a look and see if there is a Peter Rabbit in there for you Twinkles.

Twinkles
22-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Jean Greenhowe patterns are really good too and very easy patterns to follow. I have loads of them in the cupboard. I used to knit a lot but haven't done any for a few years. My grandma gave me loads of character patterns years ago too, I will have a look and see if there is a Peter Rabbit in there for you Twinkles.

Aw thanks , that would be great !