PDA

View Full Version : was i right?

Splish Splosh
10-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Have just been to pick up mindee from nursery and was asked to sign accident sheet as she bumped head refused to as i havnt written permission from parents to do so and being a head injury wasnt sure about it. They had a big strop about it and said would take it up with mum. not sure i did right thing or not.

miffy
10-03-2008, 12:28 PM
I would have signed it and asked for a copy of the entry for mum

Then when i got back I would have recorded it and asked mum to sign my record when she collected

I would also monitor the child for the rest of the day and record it to say how she was whether she ate or slept anything different from normal etc so I'd covered myself

Miffy xx

miffy
10-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Forgot to say I would still be recording it now even thouhg you did not sign nursery records

Miffy xx

deeb66
10-03-2008, 12:30 PM
I do sign and acknowledge this.

But

I then hand a form to the parent which states that their child had an accident, along with the details of the accident at school/pre-school and that I signed the accident book when I collected the child.

Splish Splosh
10-03-2008, 12:42 PM
have recorded it at home and put why i didnt sign it at nursery, just spoke to mum and she said she would go in an explain what i had said to her and my concerns regarding the written permission to do this......hence i will write one up and get her to sign it for me later.

miffy
10-03-2008, 12:44 PM
well done you've sorted it

no need to worry now

Miffy xx

Splish Splosh
10-03-2008, 12:46 PM
yes and thankyou miffy.

susi513
10-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Our preschool doesn't give out copies, its just a book you are expected to sign. Which I have done in the past but now I go armed with existing injury forms, so if they ask me to sign their accident book, I will ask them to sign my form so I have something to give to the parent (and for my records) to confirm the injury did not occur while the child was with me.

Mollymop
10-03-2008, 02:34 PM
That's the same with our pre-school susi, we don't get nay forms to keep, we just have to sign in a book. But the schools give you a form.
My nursery where i clean you are given forms to keep;

sarah707
10-03-2008, 02:37 PM
That's a good idea to go with your own forms Susi!

I have them here but I don't normally think to take them out with me... might change that one now you've made me think about it! That way I could get a signature from nursery as well for the parent... :D

Rubybubbles
10-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I would sign them

angeldelight
11-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I would sign them too

Angel xx

mamapink
11-03-2008, 01:06 PM
hello
i do understand why you felt it was better not to sign
but then there is no prove the injury did not take place in your setting

i liked every one ideas about having a seperate form to ask the nursery/etc to then sign
would any places be reluctent to sign a form not worded by them though, oh this paperwork gives me a headache and i have not even started minding yet

bye bye pink:o

miss muffit
12-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Hi i would of signed it and written childminder, you are making me think now as i would not of recorded it again at home, oh i do hate the paper work!!! our preschool doesnt give copies to take home as they also write it in a book, I think i will mention it as i think they should give us a copy to give to the childs parent. :) :) :)

crazybones
13-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Dont know if this helps anyone but there is a form on Bromley for record of an incident at school.

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html

Annie x

Splish Splosh
13-03-2008, 09:18 AM
thanks for that annie337 will take a look.