PDA

View Full Version : New Pre-Reg question

68nic
15-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum , I have just received my pre-reg letter to attend EYFS knowledge test on 26th Feb. Im so nervous about it as I havent got a clue what the test will be like.Could any of you kind members fill me in how easy or hard it will be please.Got my 1st aid course 16th & 17th Feb too. Busy month for me coming up :panic:

clio0602
16-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Hiya I've done my pre reg, just awaiting registration certificate to arrive, and I never did an EYFS knowledge test???

I did pre reg, 1st aid and ICP courses. I did do an EYFS for CM's course but not a test.

Maybe some1 else will know what the test is like.

Sorry I've not been much help. Good luck with everything x

68nic
16-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi thanks for writing back. Must be different in other boroughs.I received a letter yesterday and it says that " they would like to invite me to participate in the second part of the registration process which involves a test on your knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage" The test will be held Friday 26th Feb 10.30 - 12.30.
I live in Romford Essex if there are any childminders on here who come from Havering area. Love to hear from you :)

francinejayne
17-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I've never heard of this either - good luck with it! They can't expect you to be an expert though, you're only starting out!

Tinglesnark
17-01-2010, 03:24 PM
i did it and thankfully passed. its not hard, use your common sense and you will be fine. it was multiple choice and they are always the best sort :D
good luck! :thumbsup:

68nic
17-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks kristenlang81 really pleased to hear that . Youve put my mind at rest! Just want to get it over and done with.:)

king
21-01-2010, 08:42 PM
I have never heard of it. Its hard enough worrying about pre reg visit and getting paper work in order. I am sure it wont be to tuff, they cant expect you to know everything when you have not even started yet.

Mum2Kyla
24-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Hiya

When I spoke to a lady from Havering she said it was just to check that id read the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage booklet

She said it was nothing to worry about aslong as id fully read the booklet