PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

gtaylor29
15-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Hi all,

What can i do i look after a 8 month old baby and the mum is pregrant due in april, she has said she wont be taking the baby out and will continue to use me and then she hopes to bring the baby as well. My problem is the baby will take me over my numbers on 3 days a week, do i tell the mum now and run the risk of losing the baby who is full time or do i wait and see what happens when the baby comes as she may change her mind when she has 2 under 2???
Thanks

George

beccas
15-01-2010, 08:46 PM
ofsted may grant you a variation i would apply now so you get a decision now. Juts tell ofsted you wont need it till what ever date she wants you and the age of children when the sibling will be joining you.

Pipsqueak
15-01-2010, 08:50 PM
apply for a variation, it should (but not guaranteed) be fairly easy as its for a sibling and continuity of care.

when you apply - make sure you have thought it all through

clearly state its for a sibling, and continuity of care
for what hours and days

show that you have thought of:
enough equipment for each child
risk assessments
how you will get around ok - (ie enough car seats, double buggy/buggy board etc)

actually I think there is a form you can fill in, have a looksee on offy website

beccas
15-01-2010, 08:52 PM
there is a variation form in free downloads at top of forum opage click on tab that says free downloads in in the list.

miffy
16-01-2010, 07:55 AM
You've three months before the baby is born and you don't say how long before mum wants you to start looking after them both so there is no need to make a decision yet, you have lots of time.

As already mentioned you can apply for a variation but I don't know if Ofsted would grant one for a child that isn't born yet. If I were you I'd phone them and ask.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
16-01-2010, 09:34 AM
and ofsted don't often give you an answer quickly. even if they do you could keep quiet for a while or just don't apply right now. then just tell mum nearer the time so you don't lose the baby you have now.