PDA

View Full Version : FD interview advice please

mama2three
15-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Im old and very rusty when it comes to interviews! And its 25 years since i last had an 'academic' interview. I have one next wednesday for a place starting in sept for p/t foundation degree.
help me prepare please!! what will they want to know , what key things should i try to get across , any other advice very welcome.
Thankyou :D

manjay
15-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Im old and very rusty when it comes to interviews! And its 25 years since i last had an 'academic' interview. I have one next wednesday for a place starting in sept for p/t foundation degree.
help me prepare please!! what will they want to know , what key things should i try to get across , any other advice very welcome.
Thankyou :D

I was in much the same situation earlier this year. Just trying to think of the questions. It was very very informal. Things like why you want to do it, what can you bring to the course, things I was proud of in life, a time I was able to overcome a difficulty.

Just basic stuff really. I will come back if I think of anything else. I am sure you will be fine. I am enjoying the course so much and feel like I have learnt loads since I started. It is a struggle with finding time but I do really feel it is worth it.

Good luck:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
15-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Really what Manjay said although my tutor really didn't have a clue about childminders and wanted to know (in a roundabout way) if i thought I was serious about the course and whether i thought I could cope with it - in other words clever enough!!! I have proved her wrong! lol

They wanted to know what I would bring to the course, what I wanted from it - expectations really, how I thought i was going to do for time managment, have I got a good support system - ie family, colleagues.