PDA

View Full Version : advice please

amandajane08
15-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi everyone, When I started childminding I was covering for another childminder as she was off sick but also had a couple of my own mindees. The other childminder is now on the mend and has taken her children back.
My mindees parents are all self employed and not doing too well so have decided to look aftr there own children until buiseness picks up.

I have 1 child left who is 8 and i'm obviously advertising for more but in the mean time do I have to notify Ofsted about not caring for any children under 5?

Many thanks in advance

Amanda x

Pipsqueak
15-01-2010, 04:26 PM
no I don't think you need to inform Ofsted

good luck with the advertising

Goatgirl
15-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Hi Amanda,
Don't know if there's any obligation to let them know. I don't think so... and personally i wouldn't: Took me ages to get any under 5's and they kept pressuring me to change my registration to just include over 5's! after the time hassle and money it took to get registered I don't think so!! Finally got some now, expecting a phone call for the dreaded first inspection soon.

bws,
Wendy

amandajane08
15-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Thankyou both, I'm expecting mine aswell Wendy, Not alot of point them coming out if I don't have any children though lol

Amanda Jane xxx

Goatgirl
15-01-2010, 04:55 PM
:)
Ofsted called to arrange an inspection date with me ages ago, but as I had no little ones, put it back. this has happened several times now, but I now have little ones since just before xmas. so when i get the next phone call I'll have to tell them. :eek:
I know I have to anyway, as they're waiting to inspect, but I'm hoping to get a few more weeks settling in (and my sef!!) out of the way first :D

good luck with yours...

bws, wendy