PDA

View Full Version : new 4 month old baby

greanan
15-01-2010, 02:47 PM
hi everyone. I havent been registered long but have 2 mindees, all the toys i bought were suitable for their age and as they get older. They are 2 and 3 years old. I am going to be taking a 4 month old baby full time in 4 weeks. Just wondering what toys, equipment i should have for them starting? i have already got travel, cot, pram and buggy board, just not sure of toys. would it be wise to get a bouncy seat/bumbo, play gym, play mat? thanks xx

estrelas
15-01-2010, 02:49 PM
when my baby started I got a play mat, one of those things they lie under with lights on they need to kick ( baby gym)
I borrowed most tho to be honest as she was crawling early and it would have been a waste of money x

Mrs.L.C
15-01-2010, 02:50 PM
I would be lost without my light and sounds baby gym and playnest. maybe get a Few rattles and soft toys and also ahve a lookn round the house to see what you have that babies could play with eg - wooden spoon, shower puff thing, large beaded necklace, plastic plate, etc - anything that wont come apart or has small pieces on it and most of all, enjoy it

PixiePetal
15-01-2010, 04:46 PM
I would get a baby nest or simple bouncy chair so you have somewhere to put the baby down and protect slightly from the older ones. Guess baby could be on the move in a couple of months or so so nothing fancy for now. If one of the others needs loo for example there is somewhere to put baby down.

A baby gym which you can attach things I found useful.

lou lou
15-01-2010, 06:05 PM
i got my baby a babys nest which i found great as i could put him in it and he would be quite safe and he enjoyed sitting in it, i got it second hand from net mums and it only cost me £5.00 and it is one of the best £5.00 i have spent.

Alibali
15-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Oh how lovely! Enjoy. My favourites for that age are play mats and activity arches and a play nest. The playnest is great to keep them safe from the toddlers.

Carol M
15-01-2010, 07:53 PM
I love the baby swing I have got.Its got an activity centre which goes on the tray , lots of colours and things to look at.It reclines so is suitable for tinies.
Carol:)