PDA

View Full Version : OMG !!!!

abijacgem
15-01-2010, 02:15 PM
I got my call today to say that Mrs O is coming, but to top it all she is being assessed herself so I'll have two of them. And.........even worse, she can only come in the afternoon (by 2pm) when all my babies are sleeping and I have the school run at 3!! What we are going to achieve is beyond me!! I feel a bit annoyed to be fair, I really wanted her to see me in full throw of the action, not me waking, changing bums and putting coats on! I need a hug!!!!:panic:

caz3007
15-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Sending you a hug.

But who knows it may be to your advantage. I am sure others will come along with more info about afternoon inspections

abijacgem
15-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm confident, just annoyed because I had it all sorted in my head. But like you say, it could work out in my favour........lets hope so. I'll let you know :rolleyes:

Ripeberry
15-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Remember that if you have the school run, then they will have to go and sit in their car until you come back. I don't think I've ever heard of them going on the school run with a CM.
At least then they will see your routine when it involves the schoolies.
Good luck :thumbsup:

sandy64
15-01-2010, 02:42 PM
hi please dont panic stick to your routine whilst babys are sleeping she can look through books, house and chat etc then later evan if its afta pickup she will then assess you whilst you again do your normal routine playing with children you will be fine i know it doesnt seem fare coming at that time but she prob want have a choice good luck and let us know how you get on.:)

Tink
15-01-2010, 02:52 PM
My friend had her inspection at the same time as you.

Mrs O waited in her car as she wanted to see the children after school.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good luck it's not as bad as you first think xxx

It's a small world
15-01-2010, 04:31 PM
:group hug: sending you hugs and wishes hope it goes well Im sure you will be fine :group hug:

GOOD LUCK !!!:thumbsup:

peanuts
15-01-2010, 05:11 PM
i know of one childminder whos cc inspector walked down to the school for the school pick up with her.

mama2three
15-01-2010, 05:14 PM
i know of one childminder whos cc inspector walked down to the school for the school pick up with her.

i was about to post the same , mrs o walked down to school with one of our village cm's. I suppose it depends on whether youre walking or driving ; and on your inspector. possibly even on the weather! if shes being assessed she may be more likely to do the school run with you?

Good Luck with your inspection , expecting mine anytime too x

fridaysoff
15-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Don't want to worry you but my inspector came on the school run with us, last Jan in deep snow - her footwear was most unsuitable!!

I was ready for it had a going out the door song that we sang as we got our coats on (liked that!) snow was treacherous but we made it and she wrote in the report about our trip out and the things the children saw. She watched as I spoke to the teacher on collecting the little one.

It actualy was ok though, bit more relaxed to get out and I ended up asking her a few questions about herself! You'll be able to show her everything with them asleep.

hey if it's dark and you're walking you could have torches or reflectors or something! Good luck!:D

tilly50
15-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I will be having a co-childminder working with me soon and she was inspected at my setting in December.

The Inspector that came also had her Inspector with her, although they were not inspecting me, I obviously wanted everything to be perfect, well you know like it usually is :blush: One mindee had just moved away, another was off sick so had just one, she was also adjusting to the fact that her little friend had left our setting. I planned a cooking activity, took her to the shop to get what we needed, came back, started the activity and dropped a plate out of the cupboard, OMG just couldn't believe it. Put mindee in hallway explaining that I needed to clear up the mess (in a loud voice, hoping they would hear me) then thought I had better hoover it as well. Got the hoover out, hoovered. 15 mins later Inspector came out and said 'are you having a smashing time'!.

They were with us for over three hours and just before they left, mindee kept saying to me 'can we have the tv on' we only ever have it on for 10 mins before parents arrive to pick up, mindee then threw a strop. I have to say, I think the Inspectors were amused, I was probably blushing.

By the way I've got mine first week in Feb.

abijacgem
17-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks you guys, you really have made me feel a bit more at ease, although she wont be coming with me on the school run unless she sits in the boot!! I have no spare seats!! x Will keep you updated x Linnie

carlen222
17-01-2010, 06:45 PM
best of luck to you!!! xx

TheBTeam
17-01-2010, 06:54 PM
good luck, we have only been inspected in the mornings, I am due around this July again.

Zoomie
17-01-2010, 07:10 PM
:laughing: Inspector sitting in the boot !!!! Really made me laugh.

I am sure you will be fine.

Good luck :D