PDA

View Full Version : LO wants to use potty but isn't ready ...

Zoomie
15-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi

I have a LO (my own actually, 2y3m) who wants to use the potty. So far I have managed to keep these efforts to outside of minding hours, but today and yesterday she has gone upstairs on her own accord and strips off her nappy and sits merrily there.

Although I can see that emotionally she wants to use the potty (I have a 2y9m mindee who was fully PT when she arrived and another 2y9m happily in nappies), physcially she just doesn't have a clue.

She often says she has done a poo in the bath, when it must be a wee and although I am aware of when she does a poo, she is not willing to go to the potty at that time. She has had accidents a couple of times, and expressed surprise to start with, though later accidents she has come and told me she has done a wee, with it trail of wet foot prints to lead me to the 'scene'. These have fortunately been 'out of hours', but I am unsure what to do now.

Just humour her for the time being ?

aly
15-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Poppy was 2 in aug so 2y 5m and now is potty/toilet trained [nto night though]..she started off wantign to sit on loo all the time then not for about a few weeks but then she started again and not she is trained...

let her carry on and explain wees and poos and keep asking her, but again let it be her choice dont push etc.

x

Tink
15-01-2010, 02:01 PM
My DD 18months sat on the toilet and did a wee not long back, i was so proud.

If she is showing signs of training i'd go with it, don't hold her back.

It may get messy but she will get there.

At nursery throwing them in at the deep end worked every time.

I once potty trained 10 children in a week at nursery:D

GOOD LUCK:laughing: