PDA

View Full Version : Zafira owners with lapbelts

mushpea
15-01-2010, 01:11 PM
just thought id let you know that those of you with the older type zafira which has only a lap belt acrross the middle of the 3 seats that you can get it replaced. well, rather the seats can be replaced, you can buy the set of 3 seats with a full seat belt in them from places on the net or ebay for very resonable prices and then have them fitted in your car as long as the seats come from the same shape zafria as the one you have. this is what i am about to do as otherwise i would either have to put a child on the lap belt which i am not happy about doing or replace my car which i cannot afford to do.

tracey36
15-01-2010, 01:16 PM
fantastic, iv a old type zafira and dont tend to use the middle belt if i can help it as never feel tht its that safe.i shall definalty be looking into replacing the seats thanks for putting this on here

singingcactus
15-01-2010, 06:32 PM
I tried to get this done when we firs got our zafira and the man said NO! grrr.

Thanks for the info, will definitely look into that again!. Do you happen to have a link?

mushpea
15-01-2010, 06:34 PM
www.247spares.co.uk

this is the place I found a seat, it was 70 pounds including delivery then you have to find somone to fit it for you.

Chell
15-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks, I posted about car seats and the lapbelt a few weeks ago. My DH had suggested we look at ebay to find a replacement back seat that would allow us to have a proper seatbelt.

Carol M
15-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Some car seats can be used with a lap belt.I have a Britax one that Halfords fitted for me.So can use centre seat.
Carol:)

mushpea
16-01-2010, 01:18 PM
yes i have one of the britax renasonce car seats which wil go on a lap belt only, trouble is the youngest child is growing out of it and so this is why i was looking at changing the seats.

LisaH
16-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Thank you for telling us. I have to use my lap belt when I have all my mindees and I hate having to, just doesn't feel safe:)