PDA

View Full Version : what would you charge?

whisper_1981
15-01-2010, 08:44 AM
hi i may have a mindee but for school runs only as mum has a phobiea of going out my question is what would you charge for doing just a school run? and would you do it?

estrelas
15-01-2010, 09:10 AM
hi i may have a mindee but for school runs only as mum has a phobiea of going out my question is what would you charge for doing just a school run? and would you do it?

Do you mean you pick up from home? How old? Do you have other children?

Goatgirl
15-01-2010, 09:22 AM
HI :)
My normal hourly fee is £3.75 but if a child is just being dropped off or collected and not using enough hours to justify using up a before or after school place I charge £6.00 per drop off at school or collection from school. I don't collect from mindees homes or drop off there, but if I did I would charge extra for this... OMG I sound like a money grabbing tyrant :laughing:

How many hours you think you would need to justify using up a space is something you'll need to think about.

bws,
Wendy

tigger
15-01-2010, 10:41 AM
I think it depends which area you live in as to how much you charge. I know someone who charges £15 in the morning and £10 in the afternoon but she lives in a very affluential area and she sees this as it could potentially stop her having someone full time 8am - 6pm so you have to think of it like that. It would be taking a space in your car in the morning and afternoon and you could for instance earn £35 a day for a full timer. It really depends on you whether it suits you and if it is something you would be happy doing. I collect a lo on the school run but have found it to be a bit of a pain when schools aren't in or it's the half term. I don't think I'll be doing it again.

Daftbat
15-01-2010, 11:04 AM
I think you have to think about how it may affect your business in the future if you take it on. If you have to go and collect the child for instance how will you go on if you have other children being dropped to you ready for the school run and not enough room in the car?

If you do it i would charge a minimum of two hours.

whisper_1981
15-01-2010, 01:32 PM
hi ya the child is 4 and it would be collect from his home take to school pick up from school and drop back home, from what i understand the phobia (agrophobia) is scared of going out of the house or something along those lines my hourly rate is 3.50 ph

i have emailed asking were the school is and times as i would be walking as i do not drive yet

mrs.h
15-01-2010, 07:07 PM
hi,

i did that when i was just registered, needed any work :blush: . i didn't charge enough, to be honest pennies. that will never happen again. next time i would charge my time (i.e. £1.75) plus an extra because for picking up/taking home. i have changed my rates now and before and after school a minimum payment is required. don't forget that the child is taking up a space.

mrs.h

Chimps Childminding
15-01-2010, 07:12 PM
If the child is 4 but at full time school then he will be in your 5-8 years bracket. So although he won't be taking one of your under 5 spaces he will still be taking up a space you could fill before and after school and holidays/inset days etc. I suppose it depends if you are looking at filling all these spaces and whether or not you have others arriving at the time you would have to pick him up? Also how many under 5's you would have to take with you to pick him up and take him to school and the same at the other end of the day!!!! Need to make sure its not more trouble than its worth :rolleyes:

beccas
15-01-2010, 09:02 PM
You would have to charge form when you leave to charge from when you leave your house to when you have dropped off for both before and after schl.

miffy
16-01-2010, 08:01 AM
hi ya the child is 4 and it would be collect from his home take to school pick up from school and drop back home, from what i understand the phobia (agrophobia) is scared of going out of the house or something along those lines my hourly rate is 3.50 ph

i have emailed asking were the school is and times as i would be walking as i do not drive yet

You have to decide if this will be worthwhile doing - financially and timewise. I suppose a lot will depend on whether you need the work and how far away the school is - could other mindees you have walk there?

If you're picking up from and dropping back home then think about charging for that or charging a higher hourly rate/minimum number of hours.

Miffy xx