PDA

View Full Version : When did you get the call?

Sarah41
14-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Hi I got a call from Ofsted last week asking if I was minding yet (got registered in November), does this mean I should expect the BIG CALL soon? Am terrified, not with the looking after the kids cos thats a breeze and good fun, but with all the paperwork. I haven't even looked at the SEF as I've been told its a complete nightmare to complete... Ahhhhhhhhh
xxxx

It's a small world
15-01-2010, 06:34 AM
Became registered in June . In November got a call asking if I was minding and to expect a call soon about my inspection. Last week got a call to say they were coming Tuesday . She came Tuesday just gone. They do first inspection around 6 mths when you become registered. When Mrs O came said they have about 234 ( something like that to do first inspection and report. )So thnk your call probably just to see if you are minding for future ref. Don't think they come out that early prior to your 6 mths Maybe a few weeks depending if they are upto date on inspections. Hth sure a more experienced cm will be along shortly .

LisaMcNally09
15-01-2010, 06:36 AM
I was registered in september...week before christmas got a call like the one you have just had and monday just gone had my inspection.

The SEF isnt that bad if you use the help notes with it and i would recommend doing it if you have time. The inspector said it was easier if the SEF had been done as they dont need to ask as much and therefore arent with you as long!!!

hth

mississmoomoo
16-01-2010, 12:47 PM
I was registered in september...week before christmas got a call like the one you have just had and monday just gone had my inspection.

The SEF isnt that bad if you use the help notes with it and i would recommend doing it if you have time. The inspector said it was easier if the SEF had been done as they dont need to ask as much and therefore arent with you as long!!!

hth

i was registered in august and like you got a call asking if I was working and what hours a week before xmas. Did they phone you again to pin a week down? A childminder round the corner from me got the same call as me 6 weeks before me and they just turned up to inspect 3 days before xmas with no notice.

I am in the middle of doing my SEF, and my heart goes every time the door goes as I think they will just turn up too.:panic: :panic: :panic:

LisaMcNally09
18-01-2010, 07:13 PM
i was registered in august and like you got a call asking if I was working and what hours a week before xmas. Did they phone you again to pin a week down? A childminder round the corner from me got the same call as me 6 weeks before me and they just turned up to inspect 3 days before xmas with no notice.

I am in the middle of doing my SEF, and my heart goes every time the door goes as I think they will just turn up too.:panic: :panic: :panic:

The inspector herself rang me to tell me the week she was coming! Im under WMDC same as you!! It might be same inspector coming to you that came to me! lol