PDA

View Full Version : Risk Assessments for Outings

Sarah41
14-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Hi, as you've probably seen on other threads I am writing frantically trying to get it all sorted and correct. Anyways, I am trying to get updated on my risk assessments (or starting them!). I have done a risk assessment for my home - how often do I have to do these as nothing much changes at home. Also do I need to do one for everywhere I go? For instance if I take A to Sainsburys do I need to do one for that? I've done them for the Park and Legoland and Town Centre shopping, but also how often do I review these?
Sorry its long winded, but I want to get it right and please Mrs O whenever she comes a'calling.
Thanks
xxx

Pipsqueak
14-01-2010, 11:19 PM
you should do a risk assessment for wherever you take mindees reguarly - ie school runs, library, soft play , woods, park
for other more irrregular outings I personally have a generic one as well

all RA's should be reviewed at minimum annually or when something changes ie a new child, a childs development changes significantly, or an incident occurs.

Sarah41
14-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Does this mean that you need to do a RA for each child? - because I have 2 3 year olds and a 5 year old and the RAs would read the same.
xxx

Pipsqueak
14-01-2010, 11:25 PM
no you do the RA for the room/activity/outing and take into account all the children

remember RA isn't about eliminating risk its about managing it