PDA

View Full Version : Planning advice

Sarah41
14-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Hi, slowly and gradually I seem to be getting my head around all this paperwork but I am struggling with the weekly/monthly planning. I have done a rough chart Monday thru Friday and broken it down am and pm and put things on it like afternoon colouring and dressing up, morning making sandwiches and fuzzy felts. Does this seem adequate or do I need to be more specific about times etc?
Any advice really gratefully received.
xxxxxxx

Pipsqueak
14-01-2010, 10:56 PM
i only do detailed planning for a specific theme or topic
I do loose planning based around the childs interests and go with the flow if I am being honest.
From my obs I gather 'next steps' to support the learning - this is my planning - sometimes I will go a bit more indepth, not often though
i will have some long term plans stretched out of a term or a quarter.

Shar
16-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I don't do much planning, the next steps on each child's observation's are my individual planing for that child. I have a short term plan which is a timetable of roughly what I do with the children each day from their arrival to departure. I also do a long term plan (each year) of important dates (birthdays, celebrations, festivals etc...) Ofsted were happy with this way of planning and it works for me. :thumbsup: