PDA

View Full Version : need to kit out my new playroom - help!

andreaschildcare
14-01-2010, 07:11 PM
I need some ideas please peeps!

I am having 3m x 4m conservatory built as a playroom

what items or what dream items would you put in it?

I am planning on the trofast range from ikea for storage.

I want a nice table and chairs for the littlies :)

any ideas?

TIA

beccas
14-01-2010, 07:11 PM
i would go to ikea and go mad!!:clapping: :clapping: :laughing:

Twinkles
14-01-2010, 07:16 PM
I have the big blue plastic table from Ikea and the chairs.

I also have a babydan that divides a section of my playroom so if I have very littlies ( or a very 'enthusiastic' toddler ) they can be put somewhere safe if I need to leave the room.

Comfy chair for you ? Nice bookcase that the small ones can reach ? Bean bags for chill out time ?

PixiePetal
14-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Def a comfy chair - that's what mine is lacking :rolleyes:

Twinkles
14-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Def a comfy chair - that's what mine is lacking :rolleyes:

Mine is very old,tatty and comfy. It's known as the ' Four story chair' cos you can fit four in/on it for a story :D

Chell
14-01-2010, 08:11 PM
What about some nice wall decals/stickers to decorate the wall.

Ikea do those nice flower wall lights, they just plug in then you can use green paint to add leaves to the cord.

lou lou
14-01-2010, 08:23 PM
i have ikea storage in my playroom and it is great and a play kitchen which gets played with a lot and a little table and chairs for the children to eat dinner and for any arts and crafts we do

mamasheshe
14-01-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm sort of in the same boat I'm doing a play area at the moment and i though i might put a mirror in their so they can see themselves in fancy dress and if i get any littlies i know that most baby's like mirrors I'm also doing a big black Bord for the wall. i will be watching this closely for ideas

estrelas
14-01-2010, 09:26 PM
:angry:

I want a playroom

Sarah Louise
14-01-2010, 09:36 PM
I've got a blue hexagon table from Hope education and chairs (think the're called ergonomic ones). It's fab. Really strudy, holds the clap on baby seats no problem and perfect height for them.

helenlc
14-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Ikea all the way!!!:clapping:

I have a comfy chair (Ektorp I think) from Ikea - its just a basic armchair but lovely and comfortable.

I have Trofast system for toys.

I have this chair that I got off Freecycle:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30116551

I have the rectangular Mammut table and 2 stools which are 10 yrs old and have had since my children were little!! (That table is in the playhouse). I also have the round table and 2 newer stools which are about 2 yrs old. I am also going back next week to get the chairs for my new LOs.:clapping:

I also have a canopy, rug, door storage hanging thing, various storage boxes and draw string bags.

Can you tell I LOVE Ikea???:D My nearest one is 20 minutes away but there is talk of building one about 5 minutes from my house!!!! :clapping: :happy banana: :cheerleader: :clapping:

The Juggler
14-01-2010, 09:49 PM
a book display or book box. laminate/posters of letters and numbers, a display board for childrens work.

lucky you! very jealous

miffy
14-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Can you tell I LOVE Ikea???:D My nearest one is 20 minutes away but there is talk of building one about 5 minutes from my house!!!! :clapping: :happy banana: :cheerleader: :clapping:

Oh wow! You'll be able to go every day! :laughing:

Miffy xx

helenlc
15-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Oh wow! You'll be able to go every day! :laughing:

Miffy xx

I know!!!

And all that will be in my Outgoings column in my accounts book will be

Ikea Ikea Ikea Ikea!!!!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mamasheshe
15-01-2010, 11:19 AM