PDA

View Full Version : Is it quiet everywhere

candy cat
14-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Hi I got my registration at the end of november......still no phone calls or enquiries. I have ads everywhere I can think of........is it quiet or do you feel it is picking up now?Just feeling disheartened!!!cx

Gizmo
14-01-2010, 12:44 PM
It is starting to pick up a bit here, hadnt had a phone call or enquiry for about 2 months luckily I had mindees, I have had 3 enquirys this week and I now have spaces so hopefully something will come out of it :thumbsup:
Sending you phone ringing vibes ((((ring))))

Beckieboo
14-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi, i am in warrington cheshire and before christmas i had had no enquiries for 2 to 3 months! I was really feeling it, then my before and after school handed their notice in!! I felt just the same and since last monday (4th) i have had 4 enquiries all for full time but due to the bad weather i have been unable to have visits! one family came last night and were very keen so hopefully they will book!! fingers crossed!! So dont be disheartened things seem to be picking up!!!! :)

fionamal
14-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Its very quiet up here too. No calls since about October so hopefully it will start to pick up now

Mouse
14-01-2010, 01:18 PM
It does tend to go in fits & starts.

It seemed to be really quiet here for a while when I didn't get a single phone call for months, then from about October time I've had endless calls. I could have filled my spaces 3 times over and I'm still getting enquiries although I haven't got any spaces till next September.

Do you have contact with other childminders? I find a lot of my enquiries are by word of mouth, so it's worth getting yourself known at childminding groups etc. I also found I got a lot of enquiries through an advert on Netmums. And of course you can reply to any adverts that parents put on when they're looking for a childminder.

Hang in there. The calls will come :thumbsup:

mumx3
14-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Nope, I have had more than a dozen enquiries in the past two weeks but I am full as I want to be.

childcare.co.uk and netmums are where I get all my work, or word of mouth, or people googling my town and "childminder" and my website is top of the list.

miffy
14-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi I got my registration at the end of november......still no phone calls or enquiries. I have ads everywhere I can think of........is it quiet or do you feel it is picking up now?Just feeling disheartened!!!cx

Hope it picks up for you soon.

Miffy xx

louised
14-01-2010, 02:10 PM
I've ahd no enquiries since March and have 2 of my full timers starting school in Sept, if I don't get any new mindees lined up gonna have to consider quitting as I can't manage on the money i will get from only having 1 mindee

Bushpig
14-01-2010, 02:24 PM
I have 7 people seeking 1 vacancy I'll have from March, it's crazy... there's huge demand in my area (SW London). I realise how fortunate I am.

I do hope your phone starts ringing soon... do not give up! It's always hard at the beginning as no-one knows you. People talk and when you become more known, inquiries will increase :thumbsup: Netmums and childcare.co.uk are great places to advertise.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I am busy but it is mostly with siblings.

Have you joined a local group and networked?

bandlady
14-01-2010, 05:44 PM
I live in South Oxfordshire and it has been really quiet here for about the last 6 months. There are only four childminders in the village that I live in and we have all been really busy for the best part of the last ten years but suddenly two of us are really struggling to fill our spaces. Lets hope business picks up soon.

Desi-101
15-01-2010, 12:50 AM
I've been reg since April '09 and advertise everywhere, am only minder I know of in my area I only have 1 afterschool which doesn't cover my starting up costs yet!!! also feel disheartened and may have to start job hunting soon, hopefully it picks up for all of us :)

candy cat
15-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies and support, hopefully the phone will ring soon cx