PDA

View Full Version : what do you think

messyplay
14-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi new to this but need some feed back. iI care for a 2 and 1/2 girl for 4 hours a week on just one day. She has been at my setting for over seven months. For the last four of these she has been turning up at my house with a dirty nappy. Fine not a problem. But these nappies are like diarrhoea. I mean up the back down the legs complete change of clothes. She has also had this more than once in the four hours I have her.When it first happen it was close to going home time so didnt call mum to fetch her early. I told her that she cant bring her to my setting incase she is infectious. Mum said she hasnt had a solid poo since she was born. This prompted her to take her to doctors they were going to do tests in mean time try to see if some foods she may be allergic to by eliminating from diet also dont give too much drink, she down a cup in one, also reduce her intake of fruit .Got a little better but three weeks ago I sent her home due to a really bad nappy. mum not impressed. Have still been getting bad nappies but xmas week took the biscuit when her older daughter told me that mum had changed her sister on the bus to me because she had had a bad poo.This week she came ten minutes early and told me has she left through the door that she needed changing she had had a pooshe had given her fruit on the bus for her breakfast. Seriously thinking of giving notice , what do u think

beccas
14-01-2010, 01:28 PM
i think its up to you but if mum isnt been honest with you then its not agood sign. why dont you ring health visitor and ask advice regarding nappies.

PixiePetal
14-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Some kids just don't do very solid poos.

Could be a food intolerance or 'Toddler diarrhoea' (google it for info)

Not sure mum is being exactly helpful, need to be working with you on helping child.

helenlc
14-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I used to have a mindee who was on iron tablets for low red blood cell count. A side effect of this was soft poos. He had diarhhoea once or twice and there was definitely a difference in consistency and smell to his normal poo (sorry TMI:blush: !)

I would ask mum to enquire with the HV about toddler diarrhoea.

I used to pick up this partiular mindee and on more than one occassion he came out stinking! I had to go from picking him up at 8.15 to taking my children to school - so often I couldnt change him til we got home.

In the end, if I got him and he had done one, I used to take him back into mums house and ask mum to change him. She wasnt impressed but I didnt want to leave him in it any longer than need be and I didnt want to smell it for an hour either!!!:laughing:

Maybe when LO turns up and is obviously soiled, say to Mum Would you mind changing him/her quickly before you go? Have nappy, wipes and change mat someone to hand nearby.

If you dont trust what mum is saying or if you believe she is telling you one thing ie no fruit, limit stuff and yet she is doing these things, then you may wish to terminate as I dont see that it would get any better or more trusting.

Good luck whatever you decide.:thumbsup:

francinejayne
14-01-2010, 07:54 PM
My little one (20 months) rarely has solid poo, it's just the way he is. Certain foods don't help, so when t's a bit too soft we lay off dried fruit especially.
When he has an upset tummy I can tell the difference - it smells bad if you know what I mean.
Maybe have a frank discussion with mum about it, if I were her I'd have no problem talking to you about it as I know it's just the norm for my son.

messyplay
15-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks for all your suggestions will look into it a bit more