PDA

View Full Version : how long are variations taking?

cuffleygirl
14-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi

I applied for a variation by email last week not heard a dicky bird since.

Was specifically addressed at ofsted - has been acknowledged but redirected. How long is everyone currently waiting? I'm looking for 3.5 hours once a week have sent all required info and have had variations for similar in the past.

K

Annie_T
14-01-2010, 12:27 PM
i put in a variatio form by email too.

they take upto 14 days if you have not heard by 14 days contact them and they can chase it (cant do it before 14 days now so ofsted lady told me)

each variation is done by prioty (spelling?) rather than when put in too (again ofsted told me this)

mum26
14-01-2010, 06:45 PM
I telephoned an urgent variation request last week. I spoke to Ofsted lady from variation team on Thursday asking for a variation from Monday this week (not really expecting it to be granted). I needed a variation urgently as child I currently care for should have left last week due to house move and I have taken on new child in her place. However, a solicitor handling paperwork in the chain is being investigated/convicted(unsure exactly) of fraud:eek: and another solicitor has had to take over his caseload. This has put house move back for a couple of weeks and parent has no-one else to look after child whilst she works. The variation was only needed for 1 day a week between 8.30 am to 2.30 pm and probably only for a couple of weeks. I explained this and how I would care for other children and she agreed that I could do this :clapping: Said she would put variation in writing on Ofsted website and that I would receive certificate this week - but I could look after child from this Monday.

I suppose it depends on who you speak to, but I was very impressed - hope I'm not tempting fate by saying this!!

beccas
14-01-2010, 06:46 PM
give them a ring they will tell you.

madredann
15-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Similar thing happened to me it was taking ages to come back and it was refused (I wonder if the refusals take longer than the acceptances). I objected over Christmas but rang to see if they had recieved letter and spoke to lady who okayed it over phone. I could print certificate off ofsted website where the inspection details are. All in all it took 1 week but the phone call speeded it up.