PDA

View Full Version : Franky and Benny's

Blackhorse
14-01-2010, 10:57 AM
is it ok to take childminded children there for lunch?
obviously i would tell parents but wasnt sure

it is my dd's birthday tomorrow and I thought it would be nice to go out for lunch....

what do you think??

angeldelight
14-01-2010, 10:58 AM
I think its a lovely idea and I am sure the parents will not mind

Hope you all have a great time

Can I come ??

Angel xx

TheBTeam
14-01-2010, 10:59 AM
I really cant think of any reason why not, In my keep OFSTED happy voice I suppose you should do a risk assessment first though!:rolleyes:

angeldelight
14-01-2010, 11:01 AM
I really cant think of any reason why not, In my keep OFSTED happy voice I suppose you should do a risk assessment first though!:rolleyes:

Yeah but I think that bit would come natural now :laughing: :laughing:

Will it cost a fortune though taking the little ones with you ? What will you all have to eat and how many children will you have with you ?

Angel xx

Blackhorse
14-01-2010, 11:06 AM
I will only have one other LO with me.

2 are at school and one doesnt come on fridays...
that's why I thought i could do it...I wouldnt want to take 5 of them there...but with just one additional LO I think it is ok...doesnt get done all the time anyway......

Just need to find something with Low WW points to eat...that will be the biggest challenge! LOL

angel you are more than welcome to come but i think we are just a teeny bit far away!!

angiemog
14-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Last time I went I got some healthy fruit and veg snap cards...... worth going just for them! x

TheBTeam
14-01-2010, 11:18 AM

that's why I thought i could do it...I wouldnt want to take 5 of them there...but with just one additional LO I think it is ok...doesnt get done all the time anyway......

Just need to find something with Low WW points to eat...that will be the biggest challenge! LOL

angel you are more than welcome to come but i think we are just a teeny bit far away!!

Can i come too please, i'll do your risk assessment if i have too!

angeldelight
14-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Can i come too please, i'll do your risk assessment if i have too!

That is def a fair exchange :laughing:

Angel xx

Blackhorse
14-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Will the risk assessment be for the risk to my diet or for the risk to the kids???
haha

actually...what are the risks of taking a child for lunch? apart from the normal outing ones...anything in particular??

Gherkin
14-01-2010, 12:46 PM
I took 3 of my mindees out with my 2 children to a restaurant for lunch before Christmas. Mum was really sweet and offered to pay for her two - I refused.

It was our christmas lunch out.

PixiePetal
14-01-2010, 12:58 PM
My kids always finish at lunchtime on the last day of term before Christmas and I usually take them out for lunch at Pizza Express. (missed it because of snow day this time :( )

I took mindee (3) once, he loved it and behaved really well. Mum was more than happy and offered to pay for his meal but it was my treat - they do child sized pizza :thumbsup:

Joannechildmind
14-01-2010, 01:06 PM

hi i fond this website a while back it has all the resturants with ww points listed on every item it has saved me a few times hth.

http://ukladyluck1.piczo.com/?cr=5

TheBTeam
14-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Will the risk assessment be for the risk to my diet or for the risk to the kids???
haha

actually...what are the risks of taking a child for lunch? apart from the normal outing ones...anything in particular??

Your diet of course, who cares about the kids:eek: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I really am only joking no one shoot me please, been a tough week, not me that cant cope, but everyone around me thinking they have it sooooooooooo much worse than anyone else! They need to see the pics from Haiti, then take a reality check!

PixiePetal
14-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Frankie and Bennys

Avoid the burgers at all costs for ww!!

pasta arrabbiata 8
spag bol 11
pasta marinara 9
margherita pizza 11.5
peppercorn chicken with jacket 11
salmon fishcake and jacket 11
chicken caesar salad 7
sticky salads and king prawns 10

these are some of the lowest from my newest eating out book :)

loocyloo
14-01-2010, 01:21 PM
i love frankie & bennys!

i think their childrens menu is pretty good, and good value. and their activity packs are always good too ! ;)

i take my minded children out to lunch all over the place!

have a lovely time. xxx

Blackhorse
14-01-2010, 01:21 PM
thank you Piexipetal!!

I am not a big burger fan anyways....different with the puddings!!

actually I love chicken caesar salad!! that is a good one...or some pasta...

TheBteam,
I agree..with you but I wasnt actually complaining about anything!! I even like the weather!!
It is unimaginable what they have to go through in Haiti though!!

TheBTeam
14-01-2010, 01:27 PM
thank you Piexipetal!!

I am not a big burger fan anyways....different with the puddings!!

actually I love chicken caesar salad!! that is a good one...or some pasta...

TheBteam,
I agree..with you but I wasnt actually complaining about anything!! I even like the weather!!
It is unimaginable what they have to go through in Haiti though!!

no i didn't mean you were complaining, i meant my slightly warped sense of humour in the comment about not caring about the kids!:blush: I have had parent after parent with all of their lightweight stresses, as though the blooming weather is my fault and I am the only one not affected by it! Then I sat there last night watching the news, and just wanted to text all of them to say get a life you really have no idea!

PixiePetal
14-01-2010, 01:30 PM
hi i fond this website a while back it has all the resturants with ww points listed on every item it has saved me a few times hth.

http://ukladyluck1.piczo.com/?cr=5

Thats a really useful link for ww points,

thanks from me :thumbsup:

Blackhorse
14-01-2010, 01:32 PM
no i didn't mean you were complaining, i meant my slightly warped sense of humour in the comment about not caring about the kids!:blush: I have had parent after parent with all of their lightweight stresses, as though the blooming weather is my fault and I am the only one not affected by it! Then I sat there last night watching the news, and just wanted to text all of them to say get a life you really have no idea!

i see what you mean!!! luckily I have quite good parents....although one keeps phoning me all the time!!

Twinkles
14-01-2010, 01:38 PM
I'veonly got one tomorrow so dh and I are popping out to see his sister to collect some aprons that MIL made so sort of childminding related. We are going to take sis and lo out for lunch. I think it's a nice thing to do :thumbsup:

Alibali
14-01-2010, 08:40 PM
I've been up to F&Bs with the minded kids. they loved it and the parents were happy. When I had my first CC inspection my cco asked mindee aged 3 what his fav thing to do with me was and he said ' go to the pub'!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

Blackhorse
14-01-2010, 08:47 PM
I've been up to F&Bs with the minded kids. they loved it and the parents were happy. When I had my first CC inspection my cco asked mindee aged 3 what his fav thing to do with me was and he said ' go to the pub'!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
that really made me giggle!!
cant wait till tomorrow now...cant belive my baby is 2 years old tomorrow!

Alibali
14-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Hope you have a lovely day, they grow up so quickly don't they. My baby was 17 at the end of Dec!

Gizmo
14-01-2010, 09:13 PM
That sounds like a great thing to do which F&Bs are you going too I am a wee bit closer than Angel and only have dd and 1 mindee mmmm food
Hope your dd has a great birthday :thumbsup:

Blackhorse
14-01-2010, 09:17 PM
That sounds like a great thing to do which F&Bs are you going too I am a wee bit closer than Angel and only have dd and 1 mindee mmmm food
Hope your dd has a great birthday :thumbsup:

well you can always come along!!!
I am going to the one that is across from the kings gate retail park...on the way towards EK..if you know which one I mean

it is the only one I know close to me actually...

Gizmo
14-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Sounds great but dd has her swine flu jab tomorrow, I know where you are going my folks live in EK is the one in Hamilton not nearer you next to Asda :thumbsup: