PDA

View Full Version : conflicting info from our school

Polly2
14-01-2010, 08:39 AM
I looked on my county council website this morning at school closures and it said ds school is shut.

Fine, I left him in bed.

Then school minibus turns up :eek: so I run up the path to see him and he says school have told him they are open.

Then I look on their website which until today has not had any info on it about snow and they say they are open :(

I wonder how many kids they will have in?????

I have just rang the school and told them but its a bit late really - oh well another day off for ds!!

TheBTeam
14-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Our school is little indecisive! We care for children from another that makes up its mind but isn't good at telling people!

I think over the weeks, they may get better with practise if the long run of snow we are apparently due for happens!

angeldelight
14-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Our school was the same yesterday

Told everyone on the newsletter to listen to the local radio station
If you were not on there that means they are open

Ours was not on there so everyone of course thinks school is open

But it was actually closed

Mad !!!

School is open today though and they only have about 30 kids in the whole school turn up
So I am glad I refused to do school runs

Angel xx

angeldelight
14-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Oh they must be sending kids home

Just looked on the website and school is now closed today - I am getting really confused

They have decided to close for the whole week now due to the bad conditions

Oh at least I know I have no school runs for the rest of the week now ha

Angel xx

Polly2
14-01-2010, 09:00 AM
It so silly - imagine if we were like that!!

oh yes I feel like minding today - oh hang on a minute I might just shut :laughing:

I can't believe the buses are running round here actually as its all country lanes and they are so treacherous. Actually I am glad I kept him home.

At least you can stay in now angel nice and warm :)

angeldelight
14-01-2010, 09:12 AM
It so silly - imagine if we were like that!!

oh yes I feel like minding today - oh hang on a minute I might just shut :laughing:

I can't believe the buses are running round here actually as its all country lanes and they are so treacherous. Actually I am glad I kept him home.

At least you can stay in now angel nice and warm :)

Yes Holly I intend to do that its freezing here

Have a nice day

xxx

TheBTeam
14-01-2010, 11:05 AM
We have had ran which has slushed some of the snow making it a buggy nightmare (no that is not a way of swearing:laughing: :laughing: )!

I have been lucky in that the school that we have to drive to opened at normal time so dh set off carefully with the 3 kids to go there and he got back in time for me to do the walking run to get my two and mindee to school for 10am, so he stayed with littlees and i didn't need the buggy!

No such luck this afternoon, think one is being collected before school run, one has just phoned not coming his brother is sick so not worth the journey here, and the other one I may get to walk for the first time ever on a school run, figured cant be worse than dragging a double buggy!

Ripeberry
14-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Yesterday there was lots of snow, checked the website and there was no info, rang them up and they said they were open...kids to school great!
Then they ring 3hrs later to say heating broke down.
This morning, rang them again and they said heating tempremental, bring warm clothes but expect to have them back early if not fixed.
Not heard from them so fingers crossed ;)

Blaze
14-01-2010, 11:47 AM
We had this too - the radio said they were open & the school website said they were closed - specifically dated! Then the next day they were open - but late start & early finish - only for no phonecall:eek: - but the website to be updated mid - morning to say all children must be collected by lunchtime - how many parents are gonna be checking the website then! MAD:rolleyes:

mama2three
14-01-2010, 11:59 AM
My older boys school was all locked up when they arrived on the school bus yesterday , so the driver turned round and brought them back again - 2 hours round trip! nothing on local radio website , nor school website , nor the new text service they have set up. On facebook last night they were talking to friends who had been to school , saying there were 19 year 10s and 7 year 11's. goodness knows how they got in! today the website says ' all pupils must be in school 14th January as normal'.