PDA

View Full Version : voluntary childcare register

It's a small world
13-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Hi

Not sure if Im on the right thread here but yesterday when Mrs O came she mentioned that as I have a 9year old I should register as voluntary childcare register (as mum wont be able to claim benefits?) she it would cost me. said Does anyone know how much extra or how much it will cost me?

TheBTeam
13-01-2010, 08:33 PM
We didn't have to pay it was just done automatically when the registers were changed for dh and myself.

sarah707
13-01-2010, 08:34 PM
You should be on it already?

Most people were put on all 3 registers unless they opted out of one.

Go to your page on the Ofsted site and double check.

If it's definitely not there I'd email Ofsted tomorrow and ask for more information...

enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Hth :D

Chell
13-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Did you pay £30 to OFSTED before your pre-reg visit? I thought this covered both registers.

It's a small world
13-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Wil double check sarah but yesterday a bit of a haze now and sure she said that for some reason I hadnt been included on this register but all she had to do was click a button and I will be added but will have to pay (think she meant when renewing???? sorry to be vague....after hardly any sleep for about a week trying to update what she said to be and update a few things and then remember her saying something about cost...will get on line to ofsted now and check.

Marie-louise
13-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Hi Kerri,
how did your inspection go? Bet you can relax a bit now xx

It's a small world
13-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi Kerri,
how did your inspection go? Bet you can relax a bit now xx

Got 'GOOD' can relax a little and then back to paperwork next week. Having a little break for the rest of the week (no mindees apart from after school care).

Chell
13-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Wil double check sarah but yesterday a bit of a haze now and sure she said that for some reason I hadnt been included on this register but all she had to do was click a button and I will be added but will have to pay (think she meant when renewing???? sorry to be vague....after hardly any sleep for about a week trying to update what she said to be and update a few things and then remember her saying something about cost...will get on line to ofsted now and check.

I thought if you paid £30 you went on all registers, if you pay the high fee then you only go on the Early years one.

It's a small world
13-01-2010, 09:01 PM
I thought if you paid £30 you went on all registers, if you pay the high fee then you only go on the Early years one.

I thought I was on all of them too..sure she said something about for some reason I wasnt added..then about this cost ??? soooo confused. Trying to get onto ofsted but laptop realllllllyyyyy slllllloooooowwwww

Chell
13-01-2010, 09:08 PM
If it their mistake then you shouldn't have to pay to have it amended.

It's a small world
13-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Has me down as :

Register type: Early Years Register / Compulsory Childcare Register / Voluntary Childcare Register

But not sure if shes added voluntary today or not????

Do you have to pay extra when renewing??