PDA

View Full Version : Working in partnership with nursery

AliceK
13-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi

My new mindee goes to nursery for 2.5hrs per day and I have him 3 mornings per week and take him there although I don't do the pick-up. His first day back to nursery after the christmas hols is tomorrow and I want to try and work in partnership with them. Can anyone give me some advice on how to do this. Do I give them something to write in etc or how do you do it and how do you approach the staff there???

Thanks

xxxx

sarah707
13-01-2010, 08:37 PM
You need to get written permission for sharing with the other setting from parents.

Then I'd write to them, introduce yourself, say what you are wanting to achieve and ask them what systems they have in place to work with you!

If they don't reply, write again in a couple of weeks...

Put copies of all letters in the child's file to show evidence of trying to share :D

Monkey1
13-01-2010, 08:41 PM
After doing what Sarah has suggested i wrote a ''all about me'' sheet along with a couple of photos and some art work. I took in a chinese dancing dragon costume we made and they also allowed Charlie Monkey to accompany them at nursery and they took photos for me etc hth x

AliceK
13-01-2010, 08:42 PM
You need to get written permission for sharing with the other setting from parents.

Then I'd write to them, introduce yourself, say what you are wanting to achieve and ask them what systems they have in place to work with you!

If they don't reply, write again in a couple of weeks...

Put copies of all letters in the child's file to show evidence of trying to share :D

Thank you Sarah. I will do just that :)

xxx

beccas
13-01-2010, 09:14 PM
hi i use this for working with other settings

The Juggler
13-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Is it new mindee or one you've had since before he started nursery?

slightly different but i had a mindee leave before xmas as starting nursery. I gave learning journey to mum before the home visit. She lent it to teachers to have a look at and I did a report for them which I put in. I know the teachers quite well anyway.

But, you could ask parents if you could loan your learning journey to school so they can copy what they want or look through it?

AliceK
13-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Thank you all for your input. I have just written up a letter to his parents explaining the working in partnership along with a form for them to sign giving permission.

Juggler - he is already attending the nursery, it is one attached to the school but he is new to me.

xxxxxx

The Juggler
14-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Thank you all for your input. I have just written up a letter to his parents explaining the working in partnership along with a form for them to sign giving permission.

Juggler - he is already attending the nursery, it is one attached to the school but he is new to me.

xxxxxx

ah, well you could offer to mum to share learning journey termly with them then ask for it back - as long as you trust the teachers to look after it!