PDA

View Full Version : work experience

codieno1
13-01-2010, 07:50 PM
hi guys ..

i have been asked by a friends daughter whos 15 if she can spend a morning with me and my mindees as she will be on school work experience.....
she wont be getting paid, or will she be left alone with children, i will have 3 under 5 at the time and will get let parents know she is coming.
is this ok to go ahead with or is there anyone i need to inform or anything like that ??? thanks

PixiePetal
13-01-2010, 07:55 PM
I have insurance through NCMA and they do a cover for it.

Who are you insured with?

I didn't need to use it in the end (it was for my DD as we had trouble finding her somwhere to go but she went to her old primary school in the end :) )

codieno1
13-01-2010, 08:01 PM
i have insurance wth nicma........
just wanting to make sure i wasnt doing anything wrong

PixiePetal
13-01-2010, 08:03 PM
i have insurance wth nicma........
just wanting to make sure i wasnt doing anything wrong

I would give them a ring. That's all it took for me and certificate was in the post:thumbsup:

nikim
13-01-2010, 08:12 PM
it also depends on the schools insurance , my son wanted to do his with the local football coach who works alone, but there were some issues with the school wanting the coach to be crb checked by the school and the schools own insurance, i cant remember exactly what the problem was but he couldnt do it so double check with the school:)

Pipsqueak
13-01-2010, 08:54 PM
I would let parents know that this girl will be attending and for what purpose, that you have appraised her of what she can and can't do and offering to discuss it with any parent who would like to.