PDA

View Full Version : argggg help

LittleAcorns
10-03-2008, 08:10 AM
You'd think I'd have this sussed by now

My problem is.... I look after 3 kids from the same family, one full time/holidays, 2 after school/holidays

To make things easier all round, I worked out exact charges over the next 26 weeks and devided by equal weekly payments

The family have arranged the second week of the Easter break as a holiday, so do I charge half the average weekly charge, or half the holiday rate?????

I presume because I've already "had" the holiday pay that its half the average week?

I'm so rubbish at maths its untrue

Thanks xx

miffy
10-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Sorry I'm not sure i'm following this

When you worked out the charges over the 26 weeks did you take into account any holidays because if you did then surely you don't owe them anything?

I know it's not much help but that's one reason I don't work this way because if they leave suddenly half way through the period you could find yourself out of pocket

Hope you get it sorted

Miffy xx

angeldelight
10-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Yes I agree with Miffy

Good luck

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
10-03-2008, 11:09 AM
You'd think I'd have this sussed by now

The family have arranged the second week of the Easter break as a holiday, so do I charge half the average weekly charge, or half the holiday rate?????

I presume because I've already "had" the holiday pay that its half the average week?

Thanks xx

What does your policy say about charging for their holidays? I charge full price for their holiday if it doesn't coincide with mine!

I would have said that you have already been paid and no one owes anyone anything if you had taken into account their holiday when you worked out the original price.

deeb66
10-03-2008, 11:43 AM
What does your policy say about charging for their holidays? I charge full price for their holiday if it doesn't coincide with mine!

I would have said that you have already been paid and no one owes anyone anything if you had taken into account their holiday when you worked out the original price.

I agree with Vik!

oakie dokie
10-03-2008, 12:02 PM
i do work out money over the year because of vouchers,hols etc, but when they gave notice, i just worked back how many 5 week months there were, and they owed me £125 ( 5 days money). i just explained this to them and they were great about it. so you dont loose out if you know what your doing.

hazelx

LittleAcorns
10-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Sorry meant to say, I hadnt worked this weeks holiday into my calculations, I would normally charge half for holiday thanks x