PDA

View Full Version : Cancellation of mindees

13-01-2010, 05:50 PM
What a nightmare! I had two mindees from the same family due to start with me beginning of feb and they have called me today to say that they won't be starting now. I get to keep their deposit but am quite frankly up u know where without a paddle lol. I haven't been advertising and had actually been turning people away because I thought I was going to be fully booked whereas now I have two spaces to fill. It just goes to show that one minute u can be on top of the world and then the next minute u are in panic mode :eek:

little miss chatterbox
13-01-2010, 06:00 PM
oh no how awful for you. I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. At least you took a deposit I guess but even so like you say it's very annoying.

Did you keep the names and numbers of the people you turned away? I always do now because I was full turned 2 people away and then lost my mindees due to redundancy and ended up with no-one!

Hope you fill them really quickly!

Alibali
13-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Oh No, how awful, hope you get them filled soon.

LisaH
13-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Same thing happened to me just after xmas, so annoying!

I do keep details of people who call now just in case:)

Hope you manage to fill the spaces quickly.

helenlc
13-01-2010, 07:00 PM
I had this when I first started and thought Wow I am sorted with 2 siblings full time. But Mum cancelled.

Like you, I hadnt advertised and turned a potential mindee down.

Hope you manage to fill the spaces soon.:thumbsup:

newadventure
13-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Really sorry to hear that

Hope you manage to fill the spaces soon.

If you know any other chidminders that are full ask them to pass on your details

Goodluck :thumbsup:

miffy
14-01-2010, 07:42 AM
How annoying and disappointing but at least you know there's other work out there so start advertising again

Good luck - hope it doesn't take too long to fill your vacancies

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
14-01-2010, 07:47 AM
This happened to me with a baby mindee due to start at beginning of Feb too.

I, for the first time due to my new tougher stance, took a deposit but am now looking for more work again. I have 2 other new starters, one 2 days a week and another one day a week temp till Easter, so all is not lost.

Hope things pick up for you, fingers crossed for both of us and anyone else waiting for calls.