PDA

View Full Version : What awful weather! Go to music group or not?

yummymummy
10-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Have been up since 5am listening to the awful storm! Mindees not arrived yet but feel like I've done a days work already!
Not looking forward to school run in this weather, got new starter coming with mum so you can guarantee the others will be little monkies because I'll be talking to her!
Will really need to get them out and about as will be stir crazy but don't know if I can face getting them all into their coats, hats etc for a second time into car seats, out of car seats, into pushchair etc to go to the music group in this foul rain and wind!
Don't know what is the worst of the two evils, getting drenched (twice!) or having them all being a bit lively at home! :laughing:

sarah707
10-03-2008, 07:56 AM
I do try and get them out at least once a day! I know what you mean, it can be awful otherwise can't it? But when the weather's bad, I hate it! :eek:

ajs
10-03-2008, 07:57 AM
i always combine music group with a wander around town but i wouldn't be doing that today.

i think i would go out though as it makes the day go faster if you're not stuck in all day

Schnakes
10-03-2008, 08:33 AM
These are the days I wish I could drive!!! Dithering myself on whether or not to go out. Our group is a half hour walk from my house...we're going to get drenched!

Sx

Mollymop
10-03-2008, 08:42 AM
I know! It is so horrible out there. My neighbour has taking Tim to school as I have to walk everywhere, therefore I and the kids would have gotten soaked.
I am wondering whether I should take caitlin to playschool at 12.30 or not, it will all depend on whether it is still tipping it down with bad winds.

Lou
10-03-2008, 12:19 PM
I did the school run but other than that i am NOT going out in this!!!

I am lucky only got 1 baby today and he is 14 months.

miffy
10-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I got wet doing the school run but it's brightened up here now

Think I'd have stayed at home and sung some songs

Miffy xx

Twinkles
10-03-2008, 12:28 PM
we stayed in and trashed the playroom :rolleyes: I don't have to do a morning school run so I haven't been out yet. I've got a nursery pick up and a school pick up later but it doesn't look too bad now.

fionamal
10-03-2008, 12:32 PM
We got soaked doing the school run this morning and that was with me taking the car. Its not too bad now so at least we wont get soaked again this afternoon.

yummymummy
10-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Well, in the end I did go to music as the sun miraculously came out and stayed out until about 15 mins after I got home!
It is pouring again now but although I have to do school run my daughter in year 6 so she comes out on her own to the car so at least I don't have to get all the littlees out and soaked! :clapping:

hello kitty
10-03-2008, 01:41 PM
I had to go out as unfortunately last week I took the keys for the village hall for our childminding group, so it was up to me to open up. Bad timing!!

Still not too bad and it was dry when we came out.

The kids enjoyed it anyway, that's the main thing.

Sarah :)

elaineg
10-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Seen all the bad weather on the telly this morning, but weve only had a little bit of light rain this morning and now its sunny, even got washing on the line, weather must have bypassed Newcastle.

love Elaine XX