PDA

View Full Version : Wedding present

cherry
13-01-2010, 05:25 PM
One of my mothers has just announced that she is getting married in 5 weeks time :)

Could anyone recommend what to get them for a present.

They are in their late twenty's and have a house, so they won't want any household stuff.
They're not into wine glassess or photo frames.

I am so stuck for ideas.

Help :panic:

OrlandoBelle
13-01-2010, 05:38 PM
I guess it depends on how much you want to spend, but here are a few ideas...
www.Bunnydelicious.com do some lovely peronalised things. I had some photo albums made there for my mum and MIL at our wedding (I think ours is actually shown on their website! LOL).

Or how about a Gemini candle from Partylite (take a look on ebay - there's usually some on there). They're candle holders which are connected like rings. I bought one for my friend's wedding.

OR you could give them Debenhams or John Lewis vouchers so they could buy themselves something nice.... or how about making a voucher for a free evening of babysitting/day of childminding so they can have a day out on their own somewhere?

Are they going on a honeymoon? We asked all our wedding guests to give us US dollars for our honeymoon which came in very handy! x

Alibali
13-01-2010, 06:46 PM
One of my sets of parents got married last year and I got them one of the willow tree figurines, they loved it.

http://www.theukgiftcompany.co.uk/willow_tree_figures/promise/17040_p.html

http://www.theukgiftcompany.co.uk/willow_tree_figures/willow_tree_together/18536_p.html

LisaH
13-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Willow Tree figurines are lovely. I bought one for my nephew when he got married:)

Do they have a wedding list??

OrlandoBelle
13-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Oooohh... yeah, Willow tree. I collect those too. No one got us one for our wedding though. Gutted! Lol. Might have to buy myself one! x

Twinkles
13-01-2010, 07:03 PM
I gave mine free babysitting vouchers ! They were thrilled :thumbsup:

cherry
13-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Thank you for those ideas, I forgot about Willow Tree. :thumbsup:

I haven't been able to ask them for a list yet as she only told me last night and I haven't seen her since, but I will ask as I would like to get them something they want.

little chickee
13-01-2010, 08:30 PM
His and hers matching perfume / cologne