PDA

View Full Version : Fridge and Freezer temps

helendee
13-01-2010, 04:19 PM
I have just read on another site that we are supposed to record the temperature of our fridges twice a day and the freezer once daily? Is this true? As if we don't have enough to do already!!!!:rolleyes:

AliceK
13-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Hi
Well I don't know about twice a day but I record mine every morning on my daily safety check sheet. I don't with the freezer though???

xxxxx

helendee
13-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks for replying, is the correct temperature between 35 and 38 degrees fahrenheit, +2 to +8 C?

madredann
13-01-2010, 04:47 PM
same here.:) I registered as a provision that supplies food and you have to keep these records I also have a probe for hot food I only really use it for joints of meat and dont record the results not sure if I should. And keep receipts of any food bought for consumption in case of food poisoning they can trace food back to where it came from. Im not sure what others do but im sure there will be other comments 0 and 5 for fridge temp

sarah707
13-01-2010, 04:49 PM
The new Safer Food Better Business pack for childminders says we must check temperatures and record if anything goes wrong such as if the temp rises too high.

http://www.food.gov.uk/enforcement/enforceessential/startingup/childminders/

:D