PDA

View Full Version : Zafira, double buggy?

Chell
13-01-2010, 04:14 PM
I doubt there is but will ask just incase. :p Is there any double buggy that will fit in a Zafira with all 7 seats being used? Or perhaps that folds neat enough to lie across the footwells at the back?

I know the Mothercare Aria, Marco Sky and Maclaren Twin Traveller don't as I had all of those when my eldest two were in buggies.

Louise_Oaktree
13-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Silver Cross Pop Duo - definitely without hoods, not sure with

HTH :D

It's a small world
13-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Koochi fits great with hoods on . I find place one end in first then push rest in fits great saw another cm with one and then got brand new one off eBay fir £60. Easy to push too. Well I think it's good anyway!

Adiamond
13-01-2010, 05:34 PM
I have a mothercare duolite double , it fits perfect in my Zafira and you can collapse it with one hand :clapping: HTH x x x

Chell
13-01-2010, 05:58 PM
I have a mothercare duolite double , it fits perfect in my Zafira and you can collapse it with one hand :clapping: HTH x x x

How/where? I had an one about 5 years ago. I needed one seat down for it to fit.

I'm just sorting the children but will look at the others later. I wanted to know what fits in my car before deciding whether or not to take on mindees.

Edit: Mine is an old Zafira - 52 reg.

LisaH
13-01-2010, 07:03 PM
My Zafira is a 51 reg and I struggle with pushchairs too, will have a look at the ones mentioned, thanks:)

ORKSIE
13-01-2010, 07:08 PM
I have been thinking about this too...I will be trying to ram a D buggy into my Zafira soon LOL

Adiamond
13-01-2010, 07:11 PM
How/where? I had an one about 5 years ago. I needed one seat down for it to fit.

I'm just sorting the children but will look at the others later. I wanted to know what fits in my car before deciding whether or not to take on mindees.

Edit: Mine is an old Zafira - 52 reg.

Mine is a 51 reg Zafira and out of all the doubles I tried the Duolite fitted easiest and best!! x x x

Twinkles
13-01-2010, 07:13 PM
I have an old Mothercare db that fits in my Zafira but it has to be the right way round. Wheels facing out not in !

Chell
13-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Mine is a 51 reg Zafira and out of all the doubles I tried the Duolite fitted easiest and best!! x x x

I'm 100% sure my Duolite didn't fit but perhaps the newer ones do, as I said I had one when DD was tiny so almost 5 years ago.

Kerrie, that one is still cheap on ebay. At least if I know there is a solution then I can take on two mindees. I have three children of my own and have to use the car for the school run. If I had to have a seat down for a buggy then I could only have one child. My DD is only 17mths so needs to be in a buggy.

It's a small world
13-01-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm 100% sure my Duolite didn't fit but perhaps the newer ones do, as I said I had one when DD was tiny so almost 5 years ago.

Kerrie, that one is still cheap on ebay. At least if I know there is a solution then I can take on two mindees. I have three children of my own and have to use the car for the school run. If I had to have a seat down for a buggy then I could only have one child. My DD is only 17mths so needs to be in a buggy.

I have baby seats in boot one in middle and then olders children in middle and my eldest ds in front (easier to have baby seats in back so then I dont have to undo seats to get children in and out of car..That way car seats always fitted. The koochi fits lovely and a little room for my blankets.I love it and it reclines totally flat so good if child falls asleep..so pleased I got it. Hope you find the right one for you. Not sure what they are going for now (I got mine about 3 months ago and it was the cheapest on ebay. I know people say they are about £100+ in shops.

Good luck and happy shopping

Chell
13-01-2010, 08:31 PM
I didn't look properly but there was a new one for £80 on eBay. I won't buy one till I need it but is good to know I can fit one in. :D

Chell
27-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Bump for Chanelle

Leanne59
27-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Silver Cross Pop Duo - definitely without hoods, not sure with

HTH :D

im going to have a play with my car now i have this one... oh i hope it will go in without the hood.dont want pay a new one.

Chell
24-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Can anyone tell me which Koochi it is that fits in the Zafira boot, both models are in this link:

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500002201&langId=-1&searchTerms=KOOCHI

The dimensions are very different so I need to make sure I get the right one.

I've not got both bak seats up just now so can't measure accurately.

It's a small world
24-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Hi chell

Mines the twin stepper but it's changed colour as mines blue can't find dimnsioms sorry but mine also has the viewing window like no 10 in catalogue. Hope that helps ????

Chell
24-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Hi chell

Mines the twin stepper but it's changed colour as mines blue can't find dimnsioms sorry but mine also has the viewing window like no 10 in catalogue. Hope that helps ????

I've not got a catalogue, I'm using the link above but I presume yours is the stepper. Your Zafira is different to mine. Will you be at Chipmunks/have the buggy? If so would you mind if I try it?

Thanks, the stepper is 104, 23, 23cm which I think might be 1cm too long. I think it would go in the footwells of the middle row of seats though.

The Roadrunner is Folded size (L)103, (W)43, (D)23.5cm. It is that important 1cm shorter but it is a lot wider.

Chell
24-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Even more confused now, different eBay listings give different dimensions! Some say 107 cm (far too long) and others say 104! I'd be safer buying from Argos but can't as it is double the price!:eek:

It's a small world
24-05-2010, 06:11 PM
I've not got a catalogue, I'm using the link above but I presume yours is the stepper. Your Zafira is different to mine. Will you be at Chipmunks/have the buggy? If so would you mind if I try it?

Thanks, the stepper is 104, 23, 23cm which I think might be 1cm too long. I think it would go in the footwells of the middle row of seats though.

The Roadrunner is Folded size (L)103, (W)43, (D)23.5cm. It is that important 1cm shorter but it is a lot wider.

Mines like the twin stepper in grey. Not going chipmunks but happy to drive over and meet you there so you can check the buggy in your car then I'll come home need to be at home waiting for a delivery and got three kiddies but happy to meet you there for you to check? Mines a 06 reg is yours alot diff to my car ?

Chell
24-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Mines like the twin stepper in grey. Not going chipmunks but happy to drive over and meet you there so you can check the buggy in your car then I'll come home need to be at home waiting for a delivery and got three kiddies but happy to meet you there for you to check? Mines a 06 reg is yours alot diff to my car ?

Don't worry, I don't want you going to any bother. Mine is the 52 plate so the old shape. I bought a new single stroller the other week and I'm sure it was 104cm, it wouldn't go across the boot but the Maclaren that I swapped it for is 103cm and just fits.

I don't actually need it to fit in that gap at the moment but if I ever have 3 mindees then I will (or if DH was in the car too).

Looking at the Mothercare Duolite it would go it but would have to stand up. That would be a pain if I was trying to lean over to strap children into the back or if I have just one back seat up to fit the new little boy D in.

Z has signed the contract to start 21st June but hasn't transferred fees. I think I will wait till I see the fees in my bank to fork out on the buggy - just incase she pulls out!